Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev
some stats from my celeron 1.7Ghz and a question

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

kleeschu at mindspring

Aug 14, 2002, 3:51 PM

some stats from my celeron 1.7Ghz and a question

I was running mythtv today at 480x480...video capture quality of about 230 and a mp3 quality of 4 w/ my celeron 1.7 Ghz. The system was running fine at about 72% CPU load for about 40 minutes before I started getting the message on the console:

"audio running behind..."
"no more audio buffers :-("

(I got a lot more of the above)

eventually the picture locked.....I am assuming this is just because the CPU was too high and the audio encoding lagged behind enough to lock the picture. Am I correct? I didn't have time to reduce the system load/resolution and try again. Anyone else have this happen?

Isaac: What resolution are you running your mythtv? Any problems at higher resolutions?

Some more stats on my machine in case you're interested:

@ 640x480....system CPU runs at 95-97%
@ 480x480....system CPU runs at 70-73%
@ 352x240....system CPU runs at 8-10%

more stats later.