Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

mod_perl users survey

adam.prime at utoronto

Jul 7, 2008, 8:57 AM

mod_perl users survey

At the impromptu mod_perl BOF at YAPC::NA, Fred Moyer any myself
hacked together a short mod_perl survey to help identify the current
needs of mod_perl users. It was inspired by the Perl survey done last
year by Kirrily Robert. (http://perlsurvey.org). If you read dev@ and
already filled this out, please don't do it again.

The link is here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=bQyb2RFCBuVb0P52yhaCMg_3d_3d

The survey seeks to attain these goals:

1) Determine the current breakdown of mod_perl users in terms of what
versions, modules, and platforms mod_perl users are using.

2) Give mod_perl users a chance to provide feedback to the development
team on where they think mod_perl development should be headed.

Please take a few minutes and fill it out. Neither of us are
statisticians, and there are plenty of questions that haven't been
asked, but we only get 10 questions for free with survey monkey, so
we've done what we could with our non-existant resources.

Thanks,
Adam

adam.prime at utoronto

Jul 8, 2008, 5:39 AM

Re: mod_perl users survey [In reply to]

If anyone attempted to fill this out recently and got an message about
the survey being closed, that problem has been resolved and you should
be able to fill it out again.

Thanks to everyone who has filled it out.

Adam

Quoting adam.prime [at] utoronto:

> At the impromptu mod_perl BOF at YAPC::NA, Fred Moyer any myself
> hacked together a short mod_perl survey to help identify the current
> needs of mod_perl users. It was inspired by the Perl survey done last
> year by Kirrily Robert. (http://perlsurvey.org). If you read dev@ and
> already filled this out, please don't do it again.
>
> The link is here:
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=bQyb2RFCBuVb0P52yhaCMg_3d_3d
>
> The survey seeks to attain these goals:
>
> 1) Determine the current breakdown of mod_perl users in terms of what
> versions, modules, and platforms mod_perl users are using.
>
> 2) Give mod_perl users a chance to provide feedback to the development
> team on where they think mod_perl development should be headed.
>
> Please take a few minutes and fill it out. Neither of us are
> statisticians, and there are plenty of questions that haven't been
> asked, but we only get 10 questions for free with survey monkey, so
> we've done what we could with our non-existant resources.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

adam.prime at utoronto

Sep 3, 2008, 9:55 AM

Re: mod_perl users survey [In reply to]

One final call for responses. It'd also be appreciated if you could
forward the survey on to your local Perl Mongers Groups to help us
reach some people that might be a little more disconnected from the
mod_perl community.

We've got over 300 responses so far, thanks to everyone that has taken
the time to respond.