Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

AP820 is more stable than AP822 (for mp2)

jhfoo-ml at extracktor

Feb 11, 2008, 7:16 PM

AP820 is more stable than AP822 (for mp2)

Following the community's earlier comment on how modperl was compiled
against build 820 of ActivePerl, I've decided to check it out (since my
822 copy is acting up a little on my mp2 setup).

It's not that 822 is not good for 2.2.8. I'm able to restart the service
on a bare-bones config. But with a lot more real-world initialisation
thrown in (including dynamic location registration through
Apache2::ServerUtil), suddenly I'm not able to restart Apache. I'm not
referring to service stop-start, but rather Apache's own restart (via
ApacheMonitor).

With 820, Apache restart is better now.

Disclaimer: This is strictly based on Win32, on ApacheLounge's 2.2.8
binary. I'm still not able to get a working stack on AP820 + ASF-AP2.2.8.

orasnita at gmail

Feb 11, 2008, 10:27 PM

Re: AP820 is more stable than AP822 (for mp2) [In reply to]

I also use build 820 with Apache 2.2.4 because 822 has the same problems
when using a more complex mod_perl application.
(The same problem when restarting the server...)

When using a "Hello world" program with mod_perl, 822 is working fine
though.

Octavian

> Following the community's earlier comment on how modperl was compiled
> against build 820 of ActivePerl, I've decided to check it out (since my
> 822 copy is acting up a little on my mp2 setup).
>
> It's not that 822 is not good for 2.2.8. I'm able to restart the service
> on a bare-bones config. But with a lot more real-world initialisation
> thrown in (including dynamic location registration through
> Apache2::ServerUtil), suddenly I'm not able to restart Apache. I'm not
> referring to service stop-start, but rather Apache's own restart (via
> ApacheMonitor).
>
> With 820, Apache restart is better now.
>
> Disclaimer: This is strictly based on Win32, on ApacheLounge's 2.2.8
> binary. I'm still not able to get a working stack on AP820 + ASF-AP2.2.8.

jhfoo-ml at extracktor

Feb 12, 2008, 1:38 AM

Re: AP820 is more stable than AP822 (for mp2) [In reply to]

Thanks Octavian. At least now I don't feel like I'm going crazy when all
I report is whether modperl can restart on Win32. :P