Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

Error when compiling, please help.

jfha73 at gmail

Nov 4, 2013, 9:43 AM

Error when compiling, please help.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to compile mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 2.4.6 x64, but when I
run "perl Makefile.PL" I get this:

ERROR from evaluation of ...\mod_perl-2.0.8\Apache-Reload/Makefile.PL:
Use of uninitialized value $v in substitution (s///) at
Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm line 1100.

What can I do so it can build?

Thanks,

steve.m.hay at googlemail

Nov 4, 2013, 9:51 AM

Re: Error when compiling, please help. [In reply to]

On 4 November 2013 17:43, Jorge Hernandez <jfha73 [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm trying to compile mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 2.4.6 x64, but when I
> run "perl Makefile.PL" I get this:
>
> ERROR from evaluation of ...\mod_perl-2.0.8\Apache-Reload/Makefile.PL:
> Use of uninitialized value $v in substitution (s///) at
> Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm line 1100.
>
> What can I do so it can build?

mod_perl does not yet support httpd-2.4.x. It currently only supports
up to 2.2.x, but work is underway to add 2.4.x support, hopefully in
the next release.

jfha73 at gmail

Nov 4, 2013, 2:14 PM

Re: Error when compiling, please help. [In reply to]

On 11/4/2013 12:51 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> On 4 November 2013 17:43, Jorge Hernandez <jfha73 [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile mod_perl 2.0.8 for Apache 2.4.6 x64, but when I
>> run "perl Makefile.PL" I get this:
>>
>> ERROR from evaluation of ...\mod_perl-2.0.8\Apache-Reload/Makefile.PL:
>> Use of uninitialized value $v in substitution (s///) at
>> Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestRun.pm line 1100.
>>
>> What can I do so it can build?
>>
> mod_perl does not yet support httpd-2.4.x. It currently only supports
> up to 2.2.x, but work is underway to add 2.4.x support, hopefully in
> the next release.
Oh come on, I heard the same thing when Apache 2.4 came out from
mod_perl 2.0.7, now the same for 2.0.8

Thanks anyway.

michiel.beijen at otrs

Nov 5, 2013, 4:23 AM

Re: Error when compiling, please help. [In reply to]

steve.m.hay at googlemail

Nov 5, 2013, 6:27 AM

Re: Error when compiling, please help. [In reply to]

On 5 November 2013 12:23, Michiel Beijen <michiel.beijen [at] otrs> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>

> 11/04/2013 17:54 - Steve Hay wrote:
>
>> mod_perl does not yet support httpd-2.4.x. It currently only supports
>> up to 2.2.x, but work is underway to add 2.4.x support, hopefully in
>> the next release.
>
> I'm curious; first Fedora and now also Ubuntu 13.10 and Debian include mod_perl and ship Apache 2.4 in their latest distros.
>
> To what extent are their patches non-functional? I.e. if *they* can have it how come mod_perl would not be able to have support for 2.4 upstream? What are they missing that must still be added and to what extent is this problematic?

I imagine they're all based on the httpd24 development branch of
mod_perl, where the work to support httpd-2.4 is underway. I believe
it is largely complete on *nix, barring some test failures, but it
isn't currently working on Windows. I hope to get that fixed soon, and
then we can look at getting a 2.0.9 out with it in.