Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

the MP gets good performance

fenghe at nsbeta

Jan 3, 2013, 6:40 AM

the MP gets good performance

Hi,

I am running an application with MP2, it's running with two webservers
(with DNS round-robin) and a DB server (mysql). The OS is ubuntu Linux,
Apache's server version: Apache/2.2.14. Apache handles the requests
directly, there is no proxy in front.

Last day one of the server got unique accessing IP 632331, another got
unique IP 635232, so the application handles total IP 1267563 last day
(and almost every day).

All the requests are dynamic, 60% is writing to DB, 40% is reading from
DB. Eash webserver has about 500 long connections opened to mysql with
Apache::DBI. Both webservers and DB server have light load. For example,
the stat for one of the webservers:

# pstree
init©¤©Ð©¤apache2©¤©¤©¤518*[apache2]

# uptime
22:32:58 up 69 days, 23:26, 2 users, load average: 0.08, 0.08, 0.08

# free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 16073 7752 8321 0 268 5077
-/+ buffers/cache: 2406 13666
Swap: 3813 0 3813

To post this I may want to say that MP just gets good performance. I
once wrote the application with other language, not as good as this.

Thanks.

J.Gao at sydney

Jan 3, 2013, 3:16 PM

Re: the MP gets good performance [In reply to]

I think we already know this "secret". :-)

Thanks for another case of affirmation of the greatness of mod_perl!

Thanks to current and past contributors and sponsors as well as Doug MacEachern who started it all... :-)

Regards,

Jie