Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

development state of MP

 

 

ModPerl modperl RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


jeffpang at mail

Aug 7, 2012, 11:42 PM

Post #1 of 3 (548 views)
Permalink
development state of MP

I have not used modperl for long days. Is Apache mod_perl in actively
development recently? or just in maintenance state?

Thank you.


randolf at modperl

Aug 8, 2012, 10:30 AM

Post #2 of 3 (518 views)
Permalink
Re: development state of MP [In reply to]

> I have not used modperl for long days. Is Apache mod_perl in actively
> development recently? or just in maintenance state?

It seems to me that it's quite active as a lot of people have been
discussing some aspects of its code.

The thing that's improtant to remember about ModPerl is that it's
very well written, most likely because it's well thought out, and so
it doesn't seem to need a lot of changes.

Where most of the activity will occur, I've noticed, is within the
various CPAN modules that provide specific functionality. ModPerl is
more of a facilitator to integrate Perl into Apache and APR, and make
it persistent (which has the wonderful side-effect of major
performance gains).

> Thank you.

Randolf Richardson - randolf [at] inter-corporate
Inter-Corporate Computer & Network Services, Inc.
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/


fred at redhotpenguin

Aug 8, 2012, 11:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (527 views)
Permalink
Re: development state of MP [In reply to]

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Randolf Richardson <randolf [at] modperl> wrote:
>> I have not used modperl for long days. Is Apache mod_perl in actively
>> development recently? or just in maintenance state?
>
> It seems to me that it's quite active as a lot of people have been
> discussing some aspects of its code.

Yes, we've had 2 mod_perl core releases so far in 2012, and another
one is expected soon. While not a lot of new features are being added,
we've been keeping up with the newer Perl and Apache versions. Since
mod_perl exposes the Apache API, the development follows suit there in
terms of features.

>
> The thing that's improtant to remember about ModPerl is that it's
> very well written, most likely because it's well thought out, and so
> it doesn't seem to need a lot of changes.
>
> Where most of the activity will occur, I've noticed, is within the
> various CPAN modules that provide specific functionality. ModPerl is
> more of a facilitator to integrate Perl into Apache and APR, and make
> it persistent (which has the wonderful side-effect of major
> performance gains).
>
>> Thank you.
>
> Randolf Richardson - randolf [at] inter-corporate
> Inter-Corporate Computer & Network Services, Inc.
> Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
> http://www.inter-corporate.com/
>
>

ModPerl modperl RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.