Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

Any reason to have SetEnv/PassEnv PERL5LIB for mod_perl .conf configuration?

trawick at gmail

Jul 26, 2012, 8:24 AM

Any reason to have SetEnv/PassEnv PERL5LIB for mod_perl .conf configuration?

(Not PerlSetEnv, just plain SetEnv)

I saw this in a .conf snippet for configuring mod_perl but AFAIK this
would only be used by external CGI processes that needed that to find
the right Perl.

TIA!

randolf at modperl

Jul 27, 2012, 11:23 AM

Re: Any reason to have SetEnv/PassEnv PERL5LIB for mod_perl .conf configuration? [In reply to]

> (Not PerlSetEnv, just plain SetEnv)
>
> I saw this in a .conf snippet for configuring mod_perl but AFAIK this
> would only be used by external CGI processes that needed that to find
> the right Perl.
>
> TIA!

It could be useful when spawning a sub-process that makes use of
environment variables, such as a shell script or a binary.

Randolf Richardson - randolf [at] inter-corporate
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/