Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

mod_perl and mod_auth_ntlm_winbind not working

RIETZLER_SOFTWARE

Jul 26, 2012, 6:57 AM

mod_perl and mod_auth_ntlm_winbind not working

hi,

i have a strange problem:

we are using
- apache httpd 2.2.22
- mod_perl 2.0.7
- perl 5.10.0

mod_perl is working.

I wanted to add mod_auth_ntlm_winbind (http://adldap.sourceforge.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mod_auth_ntlm_winbind) to do user auth in a windows environment with the help of winbind from samba. I can add mod_auth_ntlm_winbind and user auth is working.

BUT with activated mod_auth_ntlm_winbind mod_perl is not longer working.

I checked with a SetHandler perl-script and a small script to see that mod_perl is there: in CGI environment I see

MOD_PERL = mod_perl/2.0.7
MOD_PERL_API_VERSION = 2

but our perl handlers are not longer working. so I tried a sample handler from the mod_perl docs:

PerlModule RZF::CurrentTime
<Location /time>
SetHandler modperl
PerlResponseHandler RZF::CurrentTime
</Location>

the script is:

package RZF::CurrentTime;
use strict;
use warnings;
use Apache2::RequestRec ();
use Apache2::RequestIO ();
use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR DECLINED HTTP_FORBIDDEN OK) ;
sub handler {
my $r = shift;
$r->content_type("text/plain");
$r->print("The time is: " . scalar(localtime) . "\n");
return Apache2::Const::OK;
}
1;

with activated mod_auth_ntlm_winbind this handler is not working, in the access_log i get:

[Thu Jul 26 15:25:34 2012] [error] [client 123.45.78.9] File does not exist: /var/www/apache/htdocs/default/time

when I deactivate mod_auth_ntlm_winbind this handler is working, I can see the current time. our mod_perl handlers are also working.

any hints what I can do, where to look, what to test?

Markus Rietzler