Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

Finding the object being DESTROY'ed

jnarins at seniorbridge

Jun 13, 2012, 2:35 PM

Finding the object being DESTROY'ed

I have a DESTROY method I can't avoid keeping around, and in certain code paths in mod_perl I successfully make sure all instances are cleaned up before my final save, and all is well.

For another page, however, apparently, there is still a reference to it lying around after I undef the two copies I know about.

This is, naturally enough, someone else's design.

How can I figure out what has a reference to the object, when all I have, so far, is $self in DESTROY?

Oh, and I know it isn't in pnotes.

Josh Narins
Director of Application Development
SeniorBridge

845 Third Ave
7th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 994-6194
Fax: (212) 994-4260
Mobile: (917) 488-6248
jnarins [at] seniorbridge
seniorbridge.com<http://www.seniorbridge.com/>

[http://www.seniorbridge.com/images/seniorbridgedisclaimerTAG.gif]

SeniorBridge Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this email message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email by an unintended or mistaken recipient is strictly prohibited. In said event, kindly reply to the sender and destroy all entries of this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

perrin at elem

Jun 13, 2012, 3:25 PM

Re: Finding the object being DESTROY'ed [In reply to]

Maybe some of the circular reference finding tools like Devel::Leak,
Devel::Peek, or Devel::LeakTrace::Fast can help?

- Perrin