Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

Apache::compat and new Perl

jnarins at seniorbridge

Mar 7, 2012, 5:46 AM

Apache::compat and new Perl

Do I need mod_perl1 installed to get Apache::compat and mod_perl2 to work?

mp2 will be using a different Perl, and I'd prefer not to install it if I don't have to.

Josh Narins
Director of Application Development
SeniorBridge

845 Third Ave
7th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 994-6194
Fax: (212) 994-4260
Mobile: (917) 488-6248
jnarins [at] seniorbridge
seniorbridge.com<http://www.seniorbridge.com/>

[http://www.seniorbridge.com/images/seniorbridgedisclaimerTAG.gif]

________________________________
SeniorBridge Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this email message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email by an unintended or mistaken recipient is strictly prohibited. In said event, kindly reply to the sender and destroy all entries of this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

fred at redhotpenguin

Mar 7, 2012, 8:23 AM

Re: Apache::compat and new Perl [In reply to]

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Josh Narins <jnarins [at] seniorbridge> wrote:

> Do I need mod_perl1 installed to get Apache::compat and mod_perl2 to work?
>
> mp2 will be using a different Perl, and I'd prefer not to install it if I don't have to.

You should be fine without mp1, but remember you'll need to build it
against another httpd with your different perl. You can't build
mod_perl against the same httpd that already has one built or it will
replace that module you've built against the original perl.