Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

haxe perl target

axel at 3drachen

Jan 6, 2012, 11:48 PM

haxe perl target

hi folks,
am looking for some help from perl internals gurus since I want to
contribute to the development
of a perl target for the famous HaXe (http://haxe.org) compiler.
anyone who might have an idea where else it would make sense to ask -
please tell me about.

Cordially,
Axel

three18ti at gmail

Jan 7, 2012, 1:40 AM

Re: haxe perl target [In reply to]

Hello Axel,

I hope not to come off as an ass, but perhaps you should ask a specific
question?
I try not to speak for everyone, but I find it is... difficult to
answer inquiries that have no question to answer.

I hope not to steer you away, but ask you to focus you inquiries so we may
have a more manageable time in answering.

If I'm off base, please set me straight...

Best Regards,
Jon A

--
Best Regards,
Jonathan David

Please excuse any brevity or typos as this e-mail is most likely sent from
a mobile device.

randolf at modperl

Jan 7, 2012, 10:56 PM

Re: haxe perl target [In reply to]

> hi folks,
> am looking for some help from perl internals gurus since I want to
> contribute to the development
> of a perl target for the famous HaXe (http://haxe.org) compiler.
> anyone who might have an idea where else it would make sense to ask -
> please tell me about.

I suggest looking at the source for "perlcc" as a possible starting
point; more information can be found here:

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.9/utils/perlcc.PL

I recall that there was a project (or two) on SourceForge for
compiling Perl code to binaries as well, but I don't recall what they
were called.

Also, do look at what's going on with Perl 6 and the bytecode ideas,
as it may provide you with additional helpful insight.

I hope that helps.

Randolf Richardson - randolf [at] inter-corporate
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/