Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

Build mod_perl and Perl with multiplicity, but without ithreads

nordicdyno at gmail

Oct 5, 2011, 9:03 AM

Build mod_perl and Perl with multiplicity, but without ithreads

I tried to build mod_perl with Perl configured without ithreads but with
enabled multiplicity option
(useithreads=undef, usemultiplicity=define) (-Duseshrplib enabled)
And I found that it's impossible to use multiplicity w/o threads in
mod_perl:

.....*warnings*.....
/mod_perl.src.dir/mod_perl.c:732: error: 'my_perl' undeclared (first use in
this function)
....*errors & warnings*......

Tell me please, is it reasonable behavior or it's mod_perl's bug?

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Oct 5, 2011, 10:18 AM

Re: Build mod_perl and Perl with multiplicity, but without ithreads [In reply to]

On Wednesday, 05 October 2011 18:03:01 Orlovsky Alexander wrote:
> I tried to build mod_perl with Perl configured without ithreads but
> with enabled multiplicity option
> (useithreads=undef, usemultiplicity=define) (-Duseshrplib enabled)
> And I found that it's impossible to use multiplicity w/o threads in
> mod_perl:
>
> .....*warnings*.....
> /mod_perl.src.dir/mod_perl.c:732: error: 'my_perl' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
> ....*errors & warnings*......
>
> Tell me please, is it reasonable behavior or it's mod_perl's bug?

This is a design mistake from the very beginning of mp2. We'd all
appreciate if someone would sit down to sort it out.

Patches welcome.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net