Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl
Re: mod_perl problem?!

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Sep 28, 2011, 1:10 AM

Re: mod_perl problem?!

On Wednesday, 28 September 2011 00:46:51 Marco Walther wrote:
> Do you have any idea where I might start looking? I don't have much
> insight into the Perl or mod_perl internals, but I played which large
> C-based packages before;-)

I have seen your mail on the user's list. My first thought had been that
there might be something fishy with PERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV. But your perl
is compiled *with* that flag (as is mine). I haven't tried perl 5.14.1.
Perhaps something has happened to PL_envgv in that version.

ENVHV is defined in modperl_env.h as GvHV(PL_envgv).

However, since PL_envgv is just a member of the current interpreter I
rather think that in 5.14.1 that thing is not set at this point.

You could try to put a

PERL_SET_CONTEXT(aTHX);

in mod_perl.c:modperl_boot() just before modperl_env_clear(aTHX); is
called.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

Subject User Time
Re: mod_perl problem?! torsten.foertsch at gmx Sep 28, 2011, 1:10 AM