<http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#toc_C_PerlPostConfigHandler_>||
<http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#toc_C_PerlPostConfigHandler_>

aw at ice-sa

Re: write handler for apache http request [In reply to]

marco wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to write an handler in perl to manage the |PerlPostConfigHandler|
> <http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#toc_C_PerlPostConfigHandler_>,
> but i don't know how to do this.
> Can someone help me?

So what is wrong with the example section of
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#C_PerlPostConfigHandler_
?

Maybe your question was not phrased very well.

What do you want to do/achieve with this ?
Or what is the part you are missing ?

marcodisano at gmail

Re: write handler for apache http request [In reply to]

Il 17/05/2011 18.37, André Warnier ha scritto:
> marco wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I want to write an handler in perl to manage the
>> |PerlPostConfigHandler|
>> <http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#toc_C_PerlPostConfigHandler_>,
>> but i don't know how to do this.
>> Can someone help me?
>>
> So what is wrong with the example section of
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#C_PerlPostConfigHandler_
>
> ?
>
> Maybe your question was not phrased very well.
>
> What do you want to do/achieve with this ?
> Or what is the part you are missing ?

Sorry, I did explain not very well.
I tell you my problem. I want to write a simple perl handler that must
be executed only in the post-read-request phase of http request cycle.
So the module must be a PerlPostConfigHandler.
I never worked with this and I don't know how to start do this.
How can I load this module on apache?
How can I write this module if, for example, I want to "write a file"
when this handler is invoked?

Thanks

randolf at modperl

Re: write handler for apache http request [In reply to]

> Il 17/05/2011 18.37, André Warnier ha scritto:
[sNip]
> > So what is wrong with the example section of
> > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#C_PerlPostConfigHandler_
[sNip]
> Sorry, I did explain not very well.
> I tell you my problem. I want to write a simple perl handler that must
> be executed only in the post-read-request phase of http request cycle.
> So the module must be a PerlPostConfigHandler.
> I never worked with this and I don't know how to start do this.
> How can I load this module on apache?
> How can I write this module if, for example, I want to "write a file"
> when this handler is invoked?
>
> Thanks

You probably want this handler:

PerlPostReadRequestHandler

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/http.html#PerlPostReadRe
questHandler

There's a code example included on that web page, and then in
httpd.conf you'll need to specify your source code file with the
PerlPostReadRequestHandler configuration directive.

Randolf Richardson - randolf [at] inter-corporate
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com