Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ModPerl

http-authentication on postgresql

 

 

ModPerl modperl RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


Michel.Jansen at Web-ICT

Mar 22, 2011, 8:10 AM

Post #1 of 6 (883 views)
Permalink
http-authentication on postgresql

Hi There,

I have some troubles with the http-authentication using apache2 in
combination with postgresql. I used to do it with Apache::AuthenDBI
configuring access.conf in the following way:

-----------------------
AuthName MyDB
AuthType Basic
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI:data_source dbi:Pg:dbname=mydb
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username me
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password pw
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table MEMBER
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_puid_field EMAILADRES
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field PASSWORD
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted off
require valid-user
-----------------

But with apache2 this results in errors...

Can anyone give me a hint?

Kind Regards,

Michel Jansen


davehodg at gmail

Mar 22, 2011, 8:30 AM

Post #2 of 6 (856 views)
Permalink
Re: http-authentication on postgresql [In reply to]

Can you give us a hint as to what the errors are?

On 22 Mar 2011, at 15:10, Michel Jansen wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have some troubles with the http-authentication using apache2 in combination with postgresql. I used to do it with Apache::AuthenDBI configuring access.conf in the following way:
>
> -----------------------
> AuthName MyDB
> AuthType Basic
> PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
> PerlSetVar Auth_DBI:data_source dbi:Pg:dbname=mydb
> PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username me
> PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password pw
> PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table MEMBER
> PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_puid_field EMAILADRES
> PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field PASSWORD
> PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted off
> require valid-user
> -----------------
>
> But with apache2 this results in errors...
>
> Can anyone give me a hint?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Michel Jansen


Michel.Jansen at Web-ICT

Mar 22, 2011, 8:37 AM

Post #3 of 6 (857 views)
Permalink
Re: http-authentication on postgresql [In reply to]

The Apache::AuthDBI package has changed.... Checkout the errors below!

[Tue Mar 22 16:35:50 2011] [error] [client 192.168.112.1] failed to
resolve handler `Apache::AuthDBI::authen': Can't locate
Apache/AuthDBI/authen.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
/usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at (eval 2) line 3.\n


fred at redhotpenguin

Mar 22, 2011, 10:59 AM

Post #4 of 6 (848 views)
Permalink
Re: http-authentication on postgresql [In reply to]

What version are you using? I'll take a look at this later today if I
can find a spare tuit.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Michel Jansen
<Michel.Jansen [at] web-ict> wrote:
> The Apache::AuthDBI package has changed.... Checkout the errors below!
>
> [Tue Mar 22 16:35:50 2011] [error] [client 192.168.112.1] failed to resolve
> handler `Apache::AuthDBI::authen': Can't locate Apache/AuthDBI/authen.pm in
> @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
> /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .
> /etc/apache2) at (eval 2) line 3.\n
>
>


Michel.Jansen at Web-ICT

Mar 22, 2011, 11:03 AM

Post #5 of 6 (852 views)
Permalink
Re: http-authentication on postgresql [In reply to]

Op 22-3-2011 18:59, Fred Moyer schreef:
> What version are you using? I'll take a look at this later today if I
> can find a spare tuit.

The lastest from cpan!


perrin at elem

Mar 23, 2011, 4:40 AM

Post #6 of 6 (851 views)
Permalink
Re: http-authentication on postgresql [In reply to]

Have you tried loading Apache::AuthDBI first? It looks confused about
where to find the sub you specified.

- Perrin

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Michel Jansen
<Michel.Jansen [at] web-ict> wrote:
>
> The Apache::AuthDBI package has changed.... Checkout the errors below!
>
> [Tue Mar 22 16:35:50 2011] [error] [client 192.168.112.1] failed to resolve handler `Apache::AuthDBI::authen': Can't locate Apache/AuthDBI/authen.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at (eval 2) line 3.\n
>

ModPerl modperl RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.