Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Embperl

RE: Embperl Status

ModPerl embperl RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

david.g.williams at nasa

Mar 24, 2009, 11:52 AM

RE: Embperl Status

Gerald,

I have ported my 1.3.6 site up to 2.3.0 Embperl::Object and there is only one thing that is still an issue. The application intermittently claims that it can't find my personal perl modules in @ISA even though in my _base.epl I specifically include my library as follows.

[- use lib "/usr/local/bat/htdocs"; -]

- Is this problem due to caching? If so, how can I turn it off?
- All of my perl modules compile and execute fine - as previously stated, this is an intermittent problem

Here is my httpd.conf (Apache 2.2.10)

LoadModule perl_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so
LoadModule embperl_module /usr/local/src/Embperl-2.3.0/blib/arch/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName vmbat.hitsshq.com
ServerAlias www.vmbat.hitsshq.com
DirectoryIndex index.html
ServerAdmin david.g.williams [at] nasa
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/bat/htdocs"
ErrorLog "logs/error_log"
CustomLog "logs/access_log" common

PerlModule Embperl

Alias /images/ /usr/local/bat/images/
<Directory /usr/local/bat/images>
Options All
Order allow,deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/bat/htdocs>
AllowOverride None
<FilesMatch "\.(html|jpe?g|gif|png|txt|xls|xml|doc|ppt|pdf|js|rss|css|swf)$">
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Embperl::Object
EMBPERL_APPNAME bat
EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE _base.epl
EMBPERL_OBJECT_STOPDIR /usr/local/bat/htdocs
EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
EMBPERL_INPUT_ESCMODE 1
EMBPERL_OBJECT_ADDPATH /usr/local/bat/htdocs
EMBPERL_EXPIRES_IN 0
Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
#Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</FilesMatch>
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Also, it would be helpful if you could tell me how to configure Embperl to automatically serve index.html when no web page is specified on the command line.

Thank you

Dave Williams
For additional commands, e-mail: embperl-help [at] perl

david.g.williams at nasa

Mar 24, 2009, 11:53 AM

RE: Embperl Status [In reply to]

Also, I have restarted the httpd server multiple times.