Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Docs-dev

downloads

ModPerl docs-dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

pgollucci at p6m7g8

Nov 9, 2005, 9:31 PM

downloads

Hi,

I just noticed something, should our
http://perl.apache.org/download/index.html

actually be using the download.cgi

Otherwise, don't all our downlaods come from the main dist.apache.org site and none of the mirrors ?

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci [at] p6m7g8) 301.254.5198

For additional commands, e-mail: docs-dev-help [at] perl

stas at stason

Nov 10, 2005, 12:11 AM

Re: downloads [In reply to]

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed something, should our
> http://perl.apache.org/download/index.html
>
> actually be using the download.cgi
>
> Otherwise, don't all our downlaods come from the main dist.apache.org
> site and none of the mirrors ?

I won't be surprised that the amount of downloads is so negligible from
that URL that it makes no difference. If it did, you can be sure that
someone at ASF would have told us long time ago. My guess is that most
people get their favorite mod_perl version from CPAN, which is already
distributed.

My suggestion is to not waste any more time on that issue unless someone
starts poking us with a long clue stick :)