Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Docs-dev

CVS login fails

ModPerl docs-dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dwbrown at webitplanet

CVS login fails

Hello, I am curious about all the "open source" orgs that invite users to
download files using cvs only to get something like the following:

$ cvs -d ":pserver:anoncvs [at] cvs:/home/cvspublic" login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs [at] cvs:2401/home/cvspublic
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(208.185.179.13):2401 failed:
Connection refused

If this is the result of the wrong password then "anoncvs" does not work.
Please advise, David.

For additional commands, e-mail: docs-dev-help [at] perl

stas at stason

Re: CVS login fails [In reply to]

dwbrown [at] webitplanet wrote:

> Hello, I am curious about all the "open source" orgs that invite users
> to download files using cvs only to get something like the following:
> $ cvs -d ":pserver:anoncvs [at] cvs:/home/cvspublic" login
> Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs [at] cvs:2401/home/cvspublic
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(208.185.179.13):2401
> failed: Connection refused
> If this is the result of the wrong password then "anoncvs" does not
> work. Please advise, David.

Must be some glitch with the system. If the problem persists email
infrastructure \at\ apache.org, not here.