Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Dev

Any other additions for 2.0.6 rc3?

ModPerl dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

fred at redhotpenguin

Mar 16, 2012, 1:02 PM

Any other additions for 2.0.6 rc3?

I'm planning on rolling more release candidates this weekend. SizeLimit, Reload, and 2.0.6 rc3. Any other additions I need to wait for?

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Mar 17, 2012, 3:03 AM

Re: Any other additions for 2.0.6 rc3? [In reply to]

On Friday, 16 March 2012 13:02:42 Fred Moyer wrote:
> I'm planning on rolling more release candidates this weekend. SizeLimit,
> Reload, and 2.0.6 rc3. Any other additions I need to wait for?

I am going to commit the remaining 2 Perl_croak bits reported by Niko Tyni
this weekend. Further, I'd like to implement tests for C<die $string> and
C<die $reference> in a pool cleanup and a PerlCleanupHandler.

Then there is this simple case reported by Alexander.Elgert [at] t-systems on
22.02.2012 titled "mod_perl-2.0.5 -- nullpointer patch". It is a reasonable
precaution measure, although I hadn't had the time yet to investigate how it
could happen.

These were my plans for the weekend. I don't care if any of these do make it
into 2.0.6. I leave that to you to decide.

If anyone wants to commit the nullpointer thing please have a look at
modperl_pcw.c in the httpd24 branch. I think we can simply use that file.
However, it would be good to know why the code got there with NULL in
dconf->sec_file.

Torsten F÷rtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

fred at redhotpenguin

Mar 17, 2012, 7:36 AM

Re: Any other additions for 2.0.6 rc3? [In reply to]

Cool I'll roll the Apache::* rc's first and wait a few more days on 2.0.6 rc3

On Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM, Torsten F├Ârtsch wrote:

> On Friday, 16 March 2012 13:02:42 Fred Moyer wrote:
> > I'm planning on rolling more release candidates this weekend. SizeLimit,
> > Reload, and 2.0.6 rc3. Any other additions I need to wait for?
> >

> I am going to commit the remaining 2 Perl_croak bits reported by Niko Tyni
> this weekend. Further, I'd like to implement tests for C<die $string> and
> C<die $reference> in a pool cleanup and a PerlCleanupHandler.
>
> Then there is this simple case reported by Alexander.Elgert [at] t-systems (mailto:Alexander.Elgert [at] t-systems) on
> 22.02.2012 titled "mod_perl-2.0.5 -- nullpointer patch". It is a reasonable
> precaution measure, although I hadn't had the time yet to investigate how it
> could happen.
>
> These were my plans for the weekend. I don't care if any of these do make it
> into 2.0.6. I leave that to you to decide.
>
> If anyone wants to commit the nullpointer thing please have a look at
> modperl_pcw.c in the httpd24 branch. I think we can simply use that file.
> However, it would be good to know why the code got there with NULL in
> dconf->sec_file.
>
> Torsten F├Ârtsch
>
> --
> Need professional modperl support? Hire me! (http://foertsch.name)
>
> Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Mar 19, 2012, 8:21 AM

Re: Any other additions for 2.0.6 rc3? [In reply to]

On Saturday, 17 March 2012 07:36:45 Fred Moyer wrote:
> Cool I'll roll the Apache::* rc's first and wait a few more days on 2.0.6
> rc3

Fred, I am done.

The pool cleanup exception stuff turned out to be a real bug.

As for the null pointer in dconf->sec_file, I couldn't figure out how it can
happen with httpd 2.2. But since this is common with httpd 2.4 and we have to
deal with it anyway I see no harm to adopt those changes now.