Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Dev

developer with 32bit linux needed to review a patch

ModPerl dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Dec 18, 2011, 1:33 AM

developer with 32bit linux needed to review a patch

Hi,

there is this patch:

http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/libapache2-mod-perl2/2.0.5-4/250-lfs-perl-5.14.patch

A friend of mine has confirmed that it is required to make modperl work on
his 32bit ubuntu with perl 5.14.1.

All my systems here are 64bit. I also don't have an idea of all the
implications of the patch. I don't think it could be applied as is for the
general case.

Joe, I have added as a recipient because according to a comment in the code
you are the author of the stuff that is removed by the patch.

What do you think about it?

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net
Attachments: mod_perl.txt (4.96 KB)

fred at redhotpenguin

Dec 18, 2011, 9:16 PM

Re: developer with 32bit linux needed to review a patch [In reply to]

This looks like a detailed solution. Do you know if is there a test
or make failure that this is related to?

2011/12/18 Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foertsch [at] gmx>:
> Hi,
>
> there is this patch:
>
> http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/libapache2-mod-perl2/2.0.5-4/250-lfs-perl-5.14.patch
>
> A friend of mine has confirmed that it is required to make modperl work on
> his 32bit ubuntu with perl 5.14.1.
>
> All my systems here are 64bit. I also don't have an idea of all the
> implications of the patch. I don't think it could be applied as is for the
> general case.
>
> Joe, I have added as a recipient because according to a comment in the code
> you are the author of the stuff that is removed by the patch.
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> Torsten Förtsch
>
> --
> Need professional modperl support? Hire me! (http://foertsch.name)
>
> Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Dec 19, 2011, 12:49 AM

Re: developer with 32bit linux needed to review a patch [In reply to]

On Sunday, 18 December 2011 21:16:15 Fred Moyer wrote:
> This looks like a detailed solution. Do you know if is there a test
> or make failure that this is related to?

I have posted all the information I have. There is no test in the "somthing.t"
format, AFAIK.

There is, however, this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/103514#103514

So, it seems the problem is not Ububtu/Debian specific.