Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Dev

[vote] Release cycle

ModPerl dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

fred at redhotpenguin

Oct 25, 2010, 9:40 PM

[vote] Release cycle

There are still some failing tests in A-T and mod_perl, but those in
A-T were there previously but not shipped. If we ship them, perhaps
somebody will send us a patch :) I've taken a look, but my coding
tuits for this release cycle have run out.

mod_perl 2.0.5-dev appears to be passing all tests in most cases. 1
registry test for closure.t fails; I took a look, but it is the last
test in a set of same_interp tests, and the other three are all
passing.

Suggest release sequence is:

1) Apache-Test 1.34
2) Apache-Reload 0.12
3) Apache-SizeLimit 0.94
4) mod_perl 2.0.5

The A-T custom config is gone in 1.34, so it will break some
bootstrapping logic out there in Apache-Dispatch and Apache-Bootstrap.
However, there isn't a whole lot of other use out there, so I'm
willing to release those modules as well.

mod_perl committers, please vote +1 or -1 to proceed with this release
cycle. mod_perl dev list users and lurkers, please provide feedback
from your point of view. We need your help to make this release
happen!

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

cosimo at streppone

Oct 26, 2010, 1:04 AM

Re: [vote] Release cycle [In reply to]

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:40:48 +0200, Fred Moyer <fred [at] redhotpenguin>
wrote:

> Suggest release sequence is:
>
> 1) Apache-Test 1.34
> 2) Apache-Reload 0.12
> 3) Apache-SizeLimit 0.94
> 4) mod_perl 2.0.5

Sorry for the stupid question, but where's the source
code for these modules?

Maybe we could spend some time testing
them in our stack?

--
Cosimo

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

clint at traveljury

Oct 26, 2010, 2:03 AM

Re: [vote] Release cycle [In reply to]

> mod_perl 2.0.5-dev appears to be passing all tests in most cases. 1
> registry test for closure.t fails; I took a look, but it is the last
> test in a set of same_interp tests, and the other three are all
> passing.

I've since rerun the closure test (and the whole test suite) several
times with the same config, and it passes consistently. I found an
apache build dir outside my temporary build folders, which I have
deleted - I wonder if this was causing the test failures that I saw
before?

The other possibility was that it was a failure with perl 5.12.1 vs
5.12.2.

So from my point of view - good to go.

clint

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Oct 26, 2010, 2:15 AM

Re: [vote] Release cycle [In reply to]

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 06:40:48 Fred Moyer wrote:
> mod_perl committers, please vote +1 or -1 to proceed with this release
> cycle.

+1

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Oct 26, 2010, 2:18 AM

Re: [vote] Release cycle [In reply to]

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:03:11 Clinton Gormley wrote:
> > mod_perl 2.0.5-dev appears to be passing all tests in most cases. 1
> > registry test for closure.t fails; I took a look, but it is the last
> > test in a set of same_interp tests, and the other three are all
> > passing.
>
> I've since rerun the closure test (and the whole test suite) several
> times with the same config, and it passes consistently. I found an
> apache build dir outside my temporary build folders, which I have
> deleted - I wonder if this was causing the test failures that I saw
> before?
>
> The other possibility was that it was a failure with perl 5.12.1 vs
> 5.12.2.

I am using 5.12.1 (w/o threads) here and am not able to reproduce the problem.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

adam.prime at utoronto

Oct 26, 2010, 5:55 AM

Re: [vote] Release cycle [In reply to]

On 10/26/2010 5:15 AM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 06:40:48 Fred Moyer wrote:
>> mod_perl committers, please vote +1 or -1 to proceed with this release
>> cycle.

+1

Adam

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

fred at redhotpenguin

Oct 26, 2010, 9:28 AM

Re: [vote] Release cycle [In reply to]

http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html