Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Dev

Failed to find a config file to save the custom configuration in

ModPerl dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

torsten.foertsch at gmx

Aug 19, 2010, 10:54 AM

Failed to find a config file to save the custom configuration in

Hi,

I'm getting '[ error] Failed to find a config file to save the custom
configuration in' during one of my tests.

The code (spec file) looks like:

export APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1
%perl Makefile.PL -apxs=%{apxs}
make %{?jobs:-j%jobs} &&
t/TEST -apxs %{apxs} -httpd_conf %{sysconfdir}/original/httpd-modperl.conf

So, APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is set and it shouldn't reach at all the
place where the error is printed. The test uses Apache::Test in a <perl>
section in extra.last.conf.in:

<Perl>
use Util::Search;
use Apache::Test;
use Apache::TestUtil qw/t_catfile/;

$My::Search=Util::Search-
>new(config=>Apache::Test::vars(qw/t_dir/).'/config');

I believe the APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is not propagated to the
Apache environment. And hence is tries to save the custom config. Does that
sound reasonable?

If yes, I think the place to fix it is in
Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm:

# propogate PerlPassEnv settings to the server
sub configure_env {
my $self = shift;
$self->preamble(IfModule => 'mod_perl.c',
[ qw(PerlPassEnv APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL
PerlPassEnv HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES)
]);
}

Shouldn't APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES be added to this list?

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

pgollucci at p6m7g8

Aug 20, 2010, 9:22 AM

Re: Failed to find a config file to save the custom configuration in [In reply to]

Absolutely.

+1

On 08/19/10 17:54, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting '[ error] Failed to find a config file to save the custom
> configuration in' during one of my tests.
>
> The code (spec file) looks like:

> export APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1
> %perl Makefile.PL -apxs=%{apxs}
> make %{?jobs:-j%jobs} &&
> t/TEST -apxs %{apxs} -httpd_conf %{sysconfdir}/original/httpd-modperl.conf
>
> So, APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is set and it shouldn't reach at all the
> place where the error is printed. The test uses Apache::Test in a <perl>
> section in extra.last.conf.in:

> <Perl>
> use Util::Search;
> use Apache::Test;
> use Apache::TestUtil qw/t_catfile/;
>
> $My::Search=Util::Search-
>> new(config=>Apache::Test::vars(qw/t_dir/).'/config');
>
> I believe the APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES is not propagated to the
> Apache environment. And hence is tries to save the custom config. Does that
> sound reasonable?
>
> If yes, I think the place to fix it is in
> Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfigPerl.pm:

> # propogate PerlPassEnv settings to the server
> sub configure_env {
> my $self = shift;
> $self->preamble(IfModule => 'mod_perl.c',
> [ qw(PerlPassEnv APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL
> PerlPassEnv HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES)
> ]);
> }
>
> Shouldn't APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES be added to this list?
>
> Torsten Förtsch

- --
1024D/DB9B8C1C B90B FBC3 A3A1 C71A 8E70 3F8C 75B8 8FFB DB9B 8C1C
Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci [at] p6m7g8) c: 703.336.9354
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer, FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant, P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin, Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,