Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: Dev

modperl_filter_t question

ModPerl dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

torsten.foertsch at gmx

modperl_filter_t question

Hi,

modperl_filter_t contains 2 bucket brigades:

apr_bucket_brigade *bb_in;
apr_bucket_brigade *bb_out;

Each time a filter is invoked a new modperl_filter_t structure is created by
modperl_filter_new. This function sets either bb_in or bb_out bit not both.

It seems to me that it is not possible that both fields are used at the same
time since the result of modperl_filter_new is either an output or an input
filter but not both.

So, why are there 2 fields?

Am I missing something?

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help [at] perl

pgollucci at p6m7g8

Re: modperl_filter_t question [In reply to]

Yes, I believe you are, but I don't have time to decipher it myself either.

On 04/02/10 17:40, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> modperl_filter_t contains 2 bucket brigades:
>
> apr_bucket_brigade *bb_in;
> apr_bucket_brigade *bb_out;
>
> Each time a filter is invoked a new modperl_filter_t structure is created by
> modperl_filter_new. This function sets either bb_in or bb_out bit not both.
>
> It seems to me that it is not possible that both fields are used at the same
> time since the result of modperl_filter_new is either an output or an input
> filter but not both.
>
> So, why are there 2 fields?
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Torsten Förtsch

1024D/DB9B8C1C B90B FBC3 A3A1 C71A 8E70 3F8C 75B8 8FFB DB9B 8C1C
Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci [at] p6m7g8) c: 703.336.9354
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer, FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant, P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin, Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,