Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ASP
RE: File upload problem

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

Andrew.Koebrick at state

Jul 2, 2009, 11:27 AM

RE: File upload problem [In reply to]

>> Would I be correct in guessing that this Apache::ASP application is
brand new..?

Well, there have been the usual updates to the perl modules, but I have been running apache::asp on the site since ~2000. But as I generally only use apache::asp to embed the perl, rather than to replace the CGI functionality, it could be that the problem is longer lasting. I have access data from $Request->Form before, but not for a long while.

I am assuming the problem related to how apache::asp and mod_perl are interacting on my system. For a few asp versions, I had to patch ASP.pm to get it to run at all (ala this advice: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/asp/82238; basically testing for correct mod_perl version). But with the latest version of the module, that did not seem to be necessary. I suspect it is this because of the error I mentioned in my first note:

Can't locate object method "request" via package "Apache" at /home/httpd/html-MBA/Users/InputForms/MetaManager4.html line 93. <--> , /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Apache/ASP.pm line 1522

Anyhow, I will keep digging; perhaps try a reinstall. Thanks for you assistance.

Andrew

For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help [at] perl