tsirkin at gmail
Nov 16, 2008, 1:04 PM
Post #6 of 6
Well you probably already thought of this but:
It appears that the global.asa (and thus Example::Image.pm) get
compiled into different
packages then templates/masthead.tmpl.
Do you have UniquePackages 0 or 1 ?
Maybe this is caused by a template package you are using ,is this an
asp script or another one?
If the problem actually _ is _ the different packages then you can of
cause solve it with
PerlRequire / startup script or something like that.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Roberto C. SĂˇnchez
<roberto [at] connexer> wrote:
> MP gurus,
> I recently deployed a site using Apache::ASP. I am running up against
> a problem that has left me scratching my head. The site works fine on
> the development server. However, on the production server, my error_log
> fills with these messages:
> [Mon Nov 10 19:44:59 2008] [error] [asp]  [error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::ASP::Compiles::__ASP__srv_http_www_e_ample_com__x::get_image_data called at /srv/http/www.example.com/templates/masthead.tmpl line 2. <--> , /usr/share/perl5/Apache/ASP.pm line 1521
> (I have attached the complete error log output, with debugging enabled,
> for a failed request to this email.)
> The odd thing is that it is apparently intermittent. Sometimes, the
> error happens and a 500 error page is returned. Other times, the page
> loads as expected.
> Both servers (development and production) are running Debian Etch with
> Apache 2.2.3, mod_perl 2.0.2, and Apache::ASP 2.59 (all stock versions
> shipped with Debian Etch).
> The code that is generating the error is this:
> my %img_data = get_image_data('masthead.png');
> My DocumentRoot is /srv/http/www.example.com and I have a directory
> called /srv/http/www.example.com/Example which has my Perl modules in
> it. One of the modules is called Image.pm and it has a function called
> get_image_data(). In my global.asa I have "use Example::Image;".
> Something that also does not make sense to me is that if I change the
> document root to something like /srv/http/example or /srv/http/site,
> then the error appears to never happen. I have tested this by using
> both alternate document roots for about two weeks each and it appears to
> not have a problem in either case.
> There are two very strange things about this whole situation. On the
> (nearly) identically configured development server, I never get the
> above error. I have another site (one that is actually in production,
> as opposed to the example site) that uses a similar scheme on the same
> production server and it does not have this problem.
> Roberto C. SĂˇnchez
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----