Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ASP

peculiar error (?)

ModPerl asp RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tchatzi at arx

Nov 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

peculiar error (?)

Since yesterday, apache keeps spitting stuff like this in its error log:
---snip---
compilation error: file unknown-000437603808 element output
invalid value for method: HTML
---snip---
without further info.
The error message is always like this, with only the
``unknown-XXXXXXXXXXXX'' part different. Comparing this to the
access.log doesn't reveal any erred requests, i.e. all entries around
that time are 200's or 304's.
The lack of a timestamp on the message does not make me very confident
about the no-errors part, but this is as far as I could see.

Anyone know who/what might by emitting these messages (google did return
something about HTML::FormValidator::Results and HTML::Lint, but I'm not
using either) ?

Thanos Chatziathanassiou

For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help [at] perl

josh at chamas

Nov 26, 2007, 11:45 PM

Re: peculiar error (?) [In reply to]

Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
> Since yesterday, apache keeps spitting stuff like this in its error log:
> ---snip---
> compilation error: file unknown-000437603808 element output
> invalid value for method: HTML
> ---snip---
> without further info.
> The error message is always like this, with only the
> ``unknown-XXXXXXXXXXXX'' part different. Comparing this to the
> access.log doesn't reveal any erred requests, i.e. all entries around
> that time are 200's or 304's.
> The lack of a timestamp on the message does not make me very confident
> about the no-errors part, but this is as far as I could see.
>
> Anyone know who/what might by emitting these messages (google did return
> something about HTML::FormValidator::Results and HTML::Lint, but I'm not
> using either) ?
>

> Thanos Chatziathanassiou

Its pretty odd.

The only references to this I find are libxml and libxslt using by XML::LibXML

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=kgF&q=%22compilation+error%3A+file+unknown%22+element+output&btnG=Search

You might be using XSLT functionality with Apache::ASP? Maybe there
is libxml used in your apache somewhere else?

Regards,

Josh

For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help [at] perl

tchatzi at arx

Nov 27, 2007, 8:32 AM

Re: peculiar error (?) [In reply to]

Joshua Chamas wrote:
> Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
>> Since yesterday, apache keeps spitting stuff like this in its error log:
>> ---snip---
>> compilation error: file unknown-000437603808 element output
>> invalid value for method: HTML
>> ---snip---
>> without further info.
>> The error message is always like this, with only the
>> ``unknown-XXXXXXXXXXXX'' part different. Comparing this to the
>> access.log doesn't reveal any erred requests, i.e. all entries around
>> that time are 200's or 304's.
>> The lack of a timestamp on the message does not make me very
>> confident about the no-errors part, but this is as far as I could see.
>>
>> Anyone know who/what might by emitting these messages (google did
>> return something about HTML::FormValidator::Results and HTML::Lint,
>> but I'm not using either) ?
>>

>> Thanos Chatziathanassiou
>>

> Its pretty odd.
>
> The only references to this I find are libxml and libxslt using by
> XML::LibXML
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=kgF&q=%22compilation+error%3A+file+unknown%22+element+output&btnG=Search
>

> You might be using XSLT functionality with Apache::ASP?
You're right, I am. After several adventures with XML::Sablotron, I
switched to XML::LibXML for our XSLT needs, mainly due to better error
handling/reporting.
It might be faster too, but not so much as to be noticeable.
Still, I've run into quite few problems getting both of them and their
respective perl modules to work.
(e.g. if you recall ``XML::LibXSLT violent death'' from 29/03/2007)
I have upgraded to apache-1.3.39 with mod_perl/1.30 recently...maybe
this has something to do with. I'll investigate further and report my
findings.
Thanks for the tip.