Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ASP

asp on linux

ModPerl asp RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tamer_linux at yahoo

Jun 6, 2005, 1:52 AM

asp on linux

hi can i host asp pages on apache web server on linux

--- apache-asp [at] yahoogroups wrote:

> There is 1 message in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. mod_perl error when using apache asp
> From: James Dennis
> <james.dennis [at] gmail>

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:17:34 -0400
> From: James Dennis <james.dennis [at] gmail>
> Subject: mod_perl error when using apache asp
>
> Hello,
>
> Every now and again I get this error on requests:
>
> [error] lookup of 'Apache::ASP::handler' failed
>
> Before updating to mod_perl 2.00 I would sometimes
> receive "not a CODE
> reference.".
>
> This is inconsistant between requests and an apache
> restart normally fixes it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> asp-help [at] perl

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help [at] perl

chicks at chicks

Jun 6, 2005, 8:48 AM

Re: asp on linux [In reply to]

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, tamer amr wrote:
> hi can i host asp pages on apache web server on linux

If you're migrating pages written on Windows/IIS they're probably using
VBScript instead of Perl for the scripting so Apache::ASP won't help you
without migrating your code. Doing so would be a good idea since Linux is
a much more secure, robust, and effecient system than Windows, but its
certainly a nontrivial undertaking.

--
</chris>

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)