Mailing List Archive: ModPerl: ASP

Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules

ModPerl asp RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

stas at stason

Dec 4, 2003, 1:16 PM

Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules

Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which is a
no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules

For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help [at] perl

josh at chamas

Dec 16, 2003, 9:03 PM

Re: Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules [In reply to]

Stas Bekman wrote:

> Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which is a
> no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules

The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of Apache::compat
entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.

Regards,

Josh
For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help [at] perl

stas at stason

Dec 16, 2003, 10:34 PM

Re: Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules [In reply to]

Josh Chamas wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>> Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which is
>> a no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules
>>

> The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of Apache::compat
> entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.

I was misinformed, then. Enrico has downloaded the packages from CPAN and
grepped for Apache::compat. So either his CPAN mirror was out of date, or it's
still sitting somewhere in the code, hiding...

For additional commands, e-mail: asp-help [at] perl

josh at chamas

Dec 17, 2003, 1:20 AM

Re: Apache::compat MUST NOT be used in CPAN modules [In reply to]

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Josh Chamas wrote:
>
>> Stas Bekman wrote:
>>

>>> Josh, a little bird tells me Apache::ASP uses Apache::compat, which
>>> is a no-no, as it breaks mp2 API. See:
>>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/compat.html#Use_in_CPAN_Modules
>>>

>> The Apache::ASP v2.55 released in August removed the use of
>> Apache::compat
>> entirely, with a native port to mod_perl 2 done at that time.
>

> I was misinformed, then. Enrico has downloaded the packages from CPAN
> and grepped for Apache::compat. So either his CPAN mirror was out of
> date, or it's still sitting somewhere in the code, hiding...

A grep of Apache::ASP v2.55 shows no code references to Apache::compat

[Apache-ASP-2.55]$ grep -r 'Apache::compat' .
./site/changes.html: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
./lib/Apache/ASP/Response.pm: # don't need this for mod_perl2 it seems from Apache::compat
./README: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better
./ASP.pm: +Added Apache::compat loading in mod_perl environment for better

The doc references are for previous versions in which it was used.

Regards,

Josh