richter at apache
Oct 3, 2010, 9:49 PM
Post #1 of 1
has entered CPAN as
size: 732920 bytes
Major Improvements are that Embperl now supports Perl up to 5.12.2 and
a lot of additions to Embperl::Form, a module for building smart webforms.
Embperl is a system for building dynamic websites with Perl.
It gives you the power to embed Perl code in your HTML/XML documents and
the ability to build your Web site out of small reusable objects in an
Embperl has several features which are especially useful for creating
Websites, including dynamic tables, form field processing, URL
escaping/unescaping, session handling, caching, xslt transformation and
See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ (english) or
http://www.ecos.de/embperl/ (german) for more information.
(website is not updated yet, but this will follow shortly)
Changes since 2.3.0:
- Supports now Perl 5.12: Cope with changed flags G_ARRAY
and G_SCALAR, SVt_RV is now SVt_IV
- Support for CGI.pm 3.43 (included within Perl 5.10.1)
for file uplaods. CGI.pm < 2.43 is not supported anymore.
- A lot of enhancements for Embperl::Form
- Add example for usage of Embperl::Form. See
eg/forms/README.txt. Can be viewed used using "make start"
- Increased size limit for errormessage from 1024 to 4096
- Makefile.PL can now handle compiling 32Bit code on 64Bit
sytsem if Perl was compiled as 32Bit application
- Adaption of tests to changed error messages of perl 5.10
- Makefile.PL can now cope with OpenSuSE 11.2, if perl,
mod_perl and apache are installed from OpenSuSE packages.
- Fix make test error for Perl compiled with DEBUGGING on
- Support for internationalization in Emberl::Form
- Do not link against unused libz
- Fix Execute parameter app_name (was appname, but app_name
is correct, appname is still accepted, but might not always
- Add parameter checks for Execute parameters to avoid segfaults
in case of non refs where refs are expected.
- Add more controls to Embperl::Form
To unsubscribe, e-mail: announce-unsubscribe [at] perl
For additional commands, e-mail: announce-help [at] perl