Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Users

Is it possible to copy contacts from address book on n900 to sim-card?

Maemo users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jbrownfirst at gmail

Mar 30, 2012, 6:26 AM

Is it possible to copy contacts from address book on n900 to sim-card?

Sometimes ago it was needed to me to copy some contacts from one
sim-card to another (both of them I use on another phones than my n900).
I didn't want to run an old sim-card on the same phone with new one and
I decided to copy contents of one ot them to my n900 (when its
gsm-functions are stopped) and after that copy that contact to a new
sim-card.
The 1st step was succesful but the second... I didn't find how I can to
copy contacts from address book on n900 to sim-card.
Is it possible to do? Or maybe you can advice me any application which
can do it?

paul.hartman+maemo at gmail

Mar 30, 2012, 7:18 AM

Re: Is it possible to copy contacts from address book on n900 to sim-card? [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM, James Brown <jbrownfirst [at] gmail> wrote:
> Sometimes ago it was needed to me to copy some contacts from one
> sim-card to another (both of them I use on another phones than my n900).
> I didn't want to run an old sim-card on the same phone with new one and
> I decided to copy contents of one ot them to my n900 (when its
> gsm-functions are stopped) and after that copy that contact to a new
> sim-card.
> The 1st step was succesful but the second... I didn't find how I can to
> copy contacts from address book on n900 to sim-card.
> Is it possible to do? Or maybe you can advice me any application which
> can do it?

It is not possible AFAIK. Definitely not a built-in feature and I
couldn't find any app that does it either.

xavier at maillard

Re: Is it possible to copy contacts from address book on n900 to sim-card? [In reply to]

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:18:24 -0500, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+maemo [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM, James Brown <jbrownfirst [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Sometimes ago it was needed to me to copy some contacts from one
> > sim-card to another (both of them I use on another phones than my n900).
> > I didn't want to run an old sim-card on the same phone with new one and
> > I decided to copy contents of one ot them to my n900 (when its
> > gsm-functions are stopped) and after that copy that contact to a new
> > sim-card.
> > The 1st step was succesful but the second... I didn't find how I can to
> > copy contacts from address book on n900 to sim-card.
> > Is it possible to do? Or maybe you can advice me any application which
> > can do it?
>
> It is not possible AFAIK. Definitely not a built-in feature and I
> couldn't find any app that does it either.

Would that be hard to do ? I would also like to see such (basic) feature
implemented.

/Xavier