Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Users

Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?)

 

 

Maemo users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


francisco.diaztrepat at gmail

Apr 12, 2011, 7:48 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1476 views)
Permalink
Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?)

Hi guys what the hell is this about needing PC Suite for CSSU?

What kind of Seamless is that?

All this nagging is because I am on an Ubuntu machine. I have no PC-Suite.

:-(

f(t)


andrew at bleb

Apr 12, 2011, 7:57 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1448 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?) [In reply to]

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 15:48, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> Hi guys what the hell is this about needing PC Suite for CSSU?

Remember, you are using the CSSU testing release.

> What kind of Seamless is that?
> All this nagging is because I am on an Ubuntu machine. I have no PC-Suite.
> :-(

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Installation_FAQ

In particular, the "Problems" tab. It's likely you've got Khweeteur
installed which results in a specific version dependency on
libqt4-test.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew [at] bleb | http://www.bleb.org/
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
maemo-users [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users


klaus-maemo at uxix

Apr 12, 2011, 9:10 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1444 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?) [In reply to]

On 12.04.11 11:48, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail wrote:
> Hi guys what the hell is this about needing PC Suite for CSSU?

I had the same error-message. Try "apt-get upgrade" in the terminal and fix
the dependencies.

> What kind of Seamless is that?

It is seamless! Just the error-message is bullshit. :-)

Don't worry: This will be fixed with Windows Phone 7.1

> All this nagging is because I am on an Ubuntu machine. I have no PC-Suite.

-
Klaus
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
maemo-users [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users


francisco.diaztrepat at gmail

Apr 12, 2011, 9:42 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1454 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?) [In reply to]

qt-x11-maemo

- Optified libraries


Awesome, keep optifying guys.

Small Q though:

Should I do some clean up of rootfs now that qt-x11 libs are optified? Or
was that done by the updater.

f(t)


On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <
francisco.diaztrepat [at] gmail> wrote:

> JAJAJAJAJAJAJA LOL [at] Do't worry: This will be fixed with Windows Phone 7.1
>
> f(t)
>
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Klaus Umbach <klaus-maemo [at] uxix> wrote:
>
>> On 12.04.11 11:48, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail wrote:
>> > Hi guys what the hell is this about needing PC Suite for CSSU?
>>
>> I had the same error-message. Try "apt-get upgrade" in the terminal and
>> fix
>> the dependencies.
>>
>> > What kind of Seamless is that?
>>
>> It is seamless! Just the error-message is bullshit. :-)
>>
>> Don't worry: This will be fixed with Windows Phone 7.1
>>
>> > All this nagging is because I am on an Ubuntu machine. I have no
>> PC-Suite.
>>
>> -
>> Klaus
>> _______________________________________________
>> maemo-users mailing list
>> maemo-users [at] maemo
>> https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
>>
>
>


nils.faerber at kernelconcepts

Apr 15, 2011, 8:10 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1422 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?) [In reply to]

Am 12.04.2011 16:57, schrieb Andrew Flegg:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 15:48, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
> <francisco.diaztrepat [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hi guys what the hell is this about needing PC Suite for CSSU?
>
> Remember, you are using the CSSU testing release.
>
>> What kind of Seamless is that?
>> All this nagging is because I am on an Ubuntu machine. I have no PC-Suite.
>> :-(
>
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Installation_FAQ
>
> In particular, the "Problems" tab. It's likely you've got Khweeteur
> installed which results in a specific version dependency on
> libqt4-test.

I had the same problem and for me it was python2.5-qt4-test which pulled
it in. After removal of python2.5-qt4-test the installation went on
perfectly normal - still have to test-drive the new release now...

> Cheers,
> Andrew
Cheers
nils

--
kernel concepts GbR Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de
_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
maemo-users [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users


francisco.diaztrepat at gmail

Apr 15, 2011, 9:23 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1431 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?) [In reply to]

Should I install back the libqt4-test?

Or because I have successfully installed the latest update the compatibility
issue persist (this last option is more natural and likely but I wanted to
ask just to be safe)?


f(t)

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Nils Faerber <
nils.faerber [at] kernelconcepts> wrote:

> Am 12.04.2011 16:57, schrieb Andrew Flegg:
> > On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 15:48, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
> > <francisco.diaztrepat [at] gmail> wrote:
> >> Hi guys what the hell is this about needing PC Suite for CSSU?
> >
> > Remember, you are using the CSSU testing release.
> >
> >> What kind of Seamless is that?
> >> All this nagging is because I am on an Ubuntu machine. I have no
> PC-Suite.
> >> :-(
> >
> > http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Installation_FAQ
> >
> > In particular, the "Problems" tab. It's likely you've got Khweeteur
> > installed which results in a specific version dependency on
> > libqt4-test.
>
> I had the same problem and for me it was python2.5-qt4-test which pulled
> it in. After removal of python2.5-qt4-test the installation went on
> perfectly normal - still have to test-drive the new release now...
>
> > Cheers,
> > Andrew
> Cheers
> nils
>
> --
> kernel concepts GbR Tel: +49-271-771091-12
> Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
> D-57072 Siegen Mob: +49-176-21024535
> http://www.kernelconcepts.de
> _______________________________________________
> maemo-users mailing list
> maemo-users [at] maemo
> https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
>


xavier.bestel at free

Apr 15, 2011, 2:46 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1424 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest CSSU needs PC Suite (WTF?) [In reply to]

Le vendredi 15 avril 2011 à 17:10 +0200, Nils Faerber a écrit :
> Am 12.04.2011 16:57, schrieb Andrew Flegg:
> > On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 15:48, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
> > <francisco.diaztrepat [at] gmail> wrote:
> >> Hi guys what the hell is this about needing PC Suite for CSSU?
> >
> > Remember, you are using the CSSU testing release.
> >
> >> What kind of Seamless is that?
> >> All this nagging is because I am on an Ubuntu machine. I have no PC-Suite.
> >> :-(
> >
> > http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Installation_FAQ
> >
> > In particular, the "Problems" tab. It's likely you've got Khweeteur
> > installed which results in a specific version dependency on
> > libqt4-test.
>
> I had the same problem and for me it was python2.5-qt4-test which pulled
> it in. After removal of python2.5-qt4-test the installation went on
> perfectly normal - still have to test-drive the new release now...

I had it too, and the problem is in fact that Maemo's GUI doesn't update
system packages. Just doing an apt-get upgrade in a shell fixed
everything.
That GUI updater sucks.

Xav


_______________________________________________
maemo-users mailing list
maemo-users [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users

Maemo users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.