Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Users

Dictionary

Maemo users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

lists at prometoys

Jun 25, 2009, 6:48 AM

Dictionary

Hi,

do you know an alternative to StarDict? Something more hildonized? Also
I would love to use the dict.tu-chemnitz.de German-English-Dictionary,
which is released under GPL. I have a text-file (suitable for Ding) and
a version prepared for dictd. Is there a dictd client for Maemo? Or if
StarDict is the only usable tool at the moment, how can I convert a
dictd-dictionary to a format that StarDict understands?

Thanks,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people [at] worl:/# apt-get --purge remove capitalism
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'

Doc at DocHarley

Jun 25, 2009, 8:22 AM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

I use mDictionary and it should meet your needs. There are plenty of
available dictionaries.

Nick.

do you know an alternative to StarDict? Something more hildonized? Also
I would love to use the dict.tu-chemnitz.de German-English-Dictionary,
which is released under GPL. I have a text-file (suitable for Ding) and
a version prepared for dictd. Is there a dictd client for Maemo? Or if
StarDict is the only usable tool at the moment, how can I convert a
dictd-dictionary to a format that StarDict understands?

Thanks,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people [at] worl:/# apt-get --purge remove capitalism
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'

lists at prometoys

Jun 25, 2009, 10:17 AM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 25.06.2009, 09:22 -0600 schrieb Dr. Nicholas Shaw:
> I use mDictionary and it should meet your needs. There are plenty of
> available dictionaries.

i tried to install it, but it wasn't in the repository. One click
install failed with this error.

Thanks,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people [at] worl:/# apt-get --purge remove capitalism
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'

Doc at DocHarley

Jun 25, 2009, 11:46 AM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

Hmmm... I don't know how to address that but I did install it from the
repository although it was back in October. Hopefully, someone can address
it.
Regards,

Nick.

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people [at] worl:/# apt-get --purge remove capitalism
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'

aklapper at openismus

Jun 25, 2009, 1:58 PM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

Hi Keywan,

Am Donnerstag, den 25.06.2009, 19:17 +0200 schrieb Keywan:
[mDictionary]
> i tried to install it, but it wasn't in the repository. One click
> install failed with this error.

The "Install" button in webbrowser brings up the download window which
says "Size: 0.14kb".
I confirm it does not work.

The comments section in
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/mdictionary/ says to download
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=58&release_id=2194 instead.
This works (Size: 547kb).

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)

lists at prometoys

Jun 25, 2009, 3:09 PM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 25.06.2009, 22:58 +0200 schrieb Andre Klapper:
> The "Install" button in webbrowser brings up the download window which
> says "Size: 0.14kb".
> I confirm it does not work.
>
> The comments section in
> http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/mdictionary/ says to download
> https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=58&release_id=2194 instead.
> This works (Size: 547kb).

ups, as we say in German "Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil" (Who can
read has a clear advantage) :D

Where is the best place to submit this bug?

Any comments about my question, of converting/using dictd dictionaries?

Thanks,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people [at] worl:/# apt-get --purge remove capitalism
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'

aklapper at openismus

Jun 25, 2009, 7:48 PM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

Am Freitag, den 26.06.2009, 00:09 +0200 schrieb Keywan Najafi
Tonekaboni:
> Where is the best place to submit this bug?

Go to https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mdictionary/ and click "Bugs".

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)

Doc at DocHarley

Jun 26, 2009, 6:12 AM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

I have a few dictionaries loaded and running just fine. It is true that the
English dictionary that comes with Whitestork doesn't work; however, there
are many dictionaries you can download/install. For example, I have three
selected: Merriam-Webster Collegiate, English synonyms, and bookmarks. They
work fine. I also have, for when I travel, Spanish dictionaries.
Regards,

Nick.

Am Freitag, den 26.06.2009, 00:09 +0200 schrieb Keywan Najafi
Tonekaboni:
> Where is the best place to submit this bug?

Go to https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mdictionary/ and click "Bugs".

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)

yahoo at rch-usa

Jun 27, 2009, 6:18 AM

Re: Dictionary [In reply to]

Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
> I have a few dictionaries loaded and running just fine. It is true that the
> English dictionary that comes with Whitestork doesn't work; however, there
> are many dictionaries you can download/install. For example, I have three
> selected: Merriam-Webster Collegiate, English synonyms, and bookmarks. They
> work fine. I also have, for when I travel, Spanish dictionaries.
> Regards,
>
> Nick.

Where did you find them - every dictionary I find doesn't work.

Doc at DocHarley

Jun 27, 2009, 10:22 AM

RE: Dictionary [In reply to]

There are a few sites that provide xdxf dictionaries. This is where I go:
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

Regards,

Nick.

Am Freitag, den 26.06.2009, 00:09 +0200 schrieb Keywan Najafi
Tonekaboni:

Where is the best place to submit this bug?

Go to https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mdictionary/ and click "Bugs".

andre

yahoo at rch-usa

Jun 28, 2009, 6:51 AM

Re: Dictionary [In reply to]

Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:

> There are a few sites that provide xdxf dictionaries. This is where I
> go: http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/
>
> Regards,
>

> Nick.

Many thanks - I was under th impression that all the sdict files I had
would work straight up.