Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Developers

Resources for learning Qt on Mameo5 Fremantle

 

 

Maemo developers RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


jfwfreo at tpgi

Feb 7, 2012, 8:22 AM

Post #1 of 4 (418 views)
Permalink
Resources for learning Qt on Mameo5 Fremantle

I am looking for resources related to learning Qt on Maemo5 Fremantle.
More specifically I am trying to understand the workings of this app: (and
add some new features to it such as a one-step undo for when you press the
wrong block by mistake)
http://maemo.org/packages/view/skidstone/

I have a copy of a book titled "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 Second
Edition", will the information in that book be of any use in understanding
whatever version of QT Maemo5 has?
Where can I find tutorials and things dealing with mobile-specific stuff
like touch events?
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
maemo-developers [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers


paul.hartman+maemo at gmail

Feb 7, 2012, 8:52 AM

Post #2 of 4 (410 views)
Permalink
Re: Resources for learning Qt on Mameo5 Fremantle [In reply to]

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo [at] tpgi> wrote:
> I am looking for resources related to learning Qt on Maemo5 Fremantle.
> More specifically I am trying to understand the workings of this app: (and
> add some new features to it such as a one-step undo for when you press the
> wrong block by mistake)
> http://maemo.org/packages/view/skidstone/
>
> I have a copy of a book titled "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 Second
> Edition", will the information in that book be of any use in understanding
> whatever version of QT Maemo5 has?
> Where can I find tutorials and things dealing with mobile-specific stuff
> like touch events?

That book is fine, but is focused on desktop. There are a couple of
books out there focused on Qt and mobile apps. "Beginning Nokia Apps
Development" is about Qt on Symbian and MeeGo and can be had for under
$10 USD.

Also of course the great documentation on the Qt website itself cannot
be overlooked. :)
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
maemo-developers [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers


jfwfreo at tpgi

Feb 7, 2012, 4:41 PM

Post #3 of 4 (402 views)
Permalink
Re: Resources for learning Qt on Mameo5 Fremantle [In reply to]

> That book is fine, but is focused on desktop. There are a couple of
> books out there focused on Qt and mobile apps. "Beginning Nokia Apps
> Development" is about Qt on Symbian and MeeGo and can be had for under
> $10 USD.
Thanks, I will see if I can track down that book (ordering it from Amazon
is an option but the shipping to Australia is a killer :)

_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
maemo-developers [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers


julf at julf

Feb 7, 2012, 11:41 PM

Post #4 of 4 (411 views)
Permalink
Re: Resources for learning Qt on Mameo5 Fremantle [In reply to]

> Thanks, I will see if I can track down that book (ordering it from Amazon is an
> option but the shipping to Australia is a killer :)

It seems to be available as an ebook.

http://www.wowebook.me/book/beginning-nokia-apps-development/

Julf
_______________________________________________
maemo-developers mailing list
maemo-developers [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-developers

Maemo developers RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.