Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Developers

looking for help from a GTK/hildon guru

Maemo developers RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jfwfreo at tpgi

Nov 2, 2011, 7:20 AM

looking for help from a GTK/hildon guru

I am working on a test program to test out browser-neteal (so you can talk
to the browser daemon and stuff just like the stock web browser,
conversations app etc) and to eventually provide an example people can use
to see how to create a flash app or web page as an application ala the
tutorial application. But its not working, it just displays a blank black
screen until I kill it. And yes there is valid HTML in my test html file
(and it displays fine in the maemo browser)

Can someone with more hildon and GTK skills than I have take a look at and
see if I have made any mistakes with the hildon/GTK stuff?
Source and binary packages from the browser-neteal-dev package I have been
working on
http://www.cncmods.net/files/browser-neteal-dev-0.7.10.1-2+0m5.zip
http://www.cncmods.net/files/browser-neteal-dev_0.7.10.1-2+0m5_all.deb
sample program
http://www.cncmods.net/files/browsertest.c

kimmo.hamalainen at nokia

Nov 2, 2011, 7:48 AM

Re: looking for help from a GTK/hildon guru [In reply to]

Hi,

I found some code lying on my hard drive. I'm not sure if it's
open-source, so I'm only pasting a portion of it :) Hope this helps.

----
GWebEngine *engine;
engine = g_web_new_web_engine_window_with_context(web, NULL, FALSE,
FALSE);

GtkWindow *main_window;

main_window = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (main_window),
"test of embedded mozilla socket");
GtkWidget *ss = GTK_WIDGET(gtk_socket_new());

gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (main_window), GTK_WIDGET(ss));
gtk_widget_realize (ss);

gtk_widget_show (ss);
gtk_widget_show (main_window);

guint32 hwidget =
g_web_engine_embed_engine_widget_xid (
engine,
TRUE,
GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW(gdk_window_get_toplevel(
ss->window ) ),
&xid);

gtk_socket_add_id ((GtkSocket *) ss, xid);
gtk_widget_show (ss);
----

-Kimmo

On 11/02/11 16:20, ext Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> I am working on a test program to test out browser-neteal (so you can
> talk to the browser daemon and stuff just like the stock web browser,
> conversations app etc) and to eventually provide an example people can
> use to see how to create a flash app or web page as an application ala
> the tutorial application. But its not working, it just displays a blank
> black screen until I kill it. And yes there is valid HTML in my test
> html file (and it displays fine in the maemo browser)
>
> Can someone with more hildon and GTK skills than I have take a look at
> and see if I have made any mistakes with the hildon/GTK stuff?
> Source and binary packages from the browser-neteal-dev package I have
> been working on
> http://www.cncmods.net/files/browser-neteal-dev-0.7.10.1-2+0m5.zip
> http://www.cncmods.net/files/browser-neteal-dev_0.7.10.1-2+0m5_all.deb
> sample program
> http://www.cncmods.net/files/browsertest.c

kimmo.hamalainen at nokia

Nov 2, 2011, 8:00 AM

Re: looking for help from a GTK/hildon guru [In reply to]

Now I noticed that they are licenced under MPL1.1 so here you are...