Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Developers

Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget

Maemo developers RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jfwfreo at tpgi

Oct 16, 2011, 6:14 PM

Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget

I have gotten my Cell Broadcast SMS code finished to the point where it
does everything it should except that it:
1.Writes to a log file instead of updating a status bar widget (i.e. the
log file is written to anytime something happens that would trigger a
change in the status bar widget)
and 2.Doesn't handle anything other than the location messages on channel
50 (mostly
because I cant find any information on how to handle those messages or what
they are for and because I dont know how to handle multi-page CBS messages)

I am looking for someone who can help me build a status bar widget to
display the location information. I understand some of how to program in QT
but GTK (which is what you are supposed to use to write status bar widgets)
is totally alien to me.

The widget I want to build would basically be similar to the (unfortunatly
closed source) connui-home-cellular widget (which displays the operator name)

Help with parsing and displaying the other non-location messages would be
nice too if anyone knows how to do that.

nicolaihess at web

Oct 17, 2011, 12:57 AM

Re: Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget [In reply to]

Hi Jonathan,

I would like to help with that.
The connui home plugin in is closed, but qwerty12 wrote a similiar statusbar
plugin (customoperator name plugin).

Nicolai

2011/10/17 Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo [at] tpgi>

> I have gotten my Cell Broadcast SMS code finished to the point where it
> does everything it should except that it:
> 1.Writes to a log file instead of updating a status bar widget (i.e. the
> log file is written to anytime something happens that would trigger a change
> in the status bar widget)
> and 2.Doesn't handle anything other than the location messages on channel
> 50 (mostly
> because I cant find any information on how to handle those messages or what
> they are for and because I dont know how to handle multi-page CBS messages)
>
> I am looking for someone who can help me build a status bar widget to
> display the location information. I understand some of how to program in QT
> but GTK (which is what you are supposed to use to write status bar widgets)
> is totally alien to me.
>
> The widget I want to build would basically be similar to the (unfortunatly
> closed source) connui-home-cellular widget (which displays the operator
> name)
>
> Help with parsing and displaying the other non-location messages would be
> nice too if anyone knows how to do that.

kimmo.hamalainen at nokia

Oct 17, 2011, 1:55 AM

Re: Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget [In reply to]

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are talking about N900. If that's the
case, maybe looking at the example code helps:
https://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle-hildon-desktop/libhildondesktop/trees/master/examples/status-menu

-Kimmo

On 10/17/11 04:14, ext Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> I have gotten my Cell Broadcast SMS code finished to the point where it
> does everything it should except that it:
> 1.Writes to a log file instead of updating a status bar widget (i.e. the
> log file is written to anytime something happens that would trigger a
> change in the status bar widget)
> and 2.Doesn't handle anything other than the location messages on
> channel 50 (mostly
> because I cant find any information on how to handle those messages or
> what they are for and because I dont know how to handle multi-page CBS
> messages)
>
> I am looking for someone who can help me build a status bar widget to
> display the location information. I understand some of how to program in
> QT but GTK (which is what you are supposed to use to write status bar
> widgets) is totally alien to me.
>
> The widget I want to build would basically be similar to the
> (unfortunatly closed source) connui-home-cellular widget (which displays
> the operator name)
>
> Help with parsing and displaying the other non-location messages would
> be nice too if anyone knows how to do that.

nicolaihess at web

Oct 17, 2011, 1:57 AM

Re: Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget [In reply to]

2011/10/17 Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo [at] tpgi>

> Nicolai Hess wrote:
>
>> Hi Jonathan,
>>
>> I would like to help with that.
>> The connui home plugin in is closed, but qwerty12 wrote a similiar
>> statusbar
>> plugin (customoperator name plugin).
>>
> Thank you, how can you help?

I can write the statusbar plugin
Just tell me how it should look or behave.

nicolai

Maemo developers RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded