council at maemo
Jul 19, 2012, 9:29 AM
Post #1 of 1
Sorry for the delay on these. I thought I'd posted them but apparently never hit the send button. :P
Community Council Meeting (July 13, 2012)
Council logs for meeting on July 13th, 2012
Meeting held on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting ([logs])
Attending: Woody14619, Estel_, SD69, Ivgalvez, ZogG, rzr, NielDK, StsKeeps
Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):
* Review and progress with bylaws
* Infrastructure discussion
* AI review, other topics.
Pre meeting (old business):
* Thanks to SD69 and Ivan for the followups to X-Fade and Qgil.
* We should request e-mails to Council go to the group ML (council [at] maemo)
Topic 1 (Review and progress with bylaws)
* The review on the mailing list is going well.
* Items from the mailing list should be folded and and presented as a blog post, to start the discussion on TMO.
* SD69 takes the item to retouch with suggestions and post as a blog item.
* ZogG notes a topic change and announcement on IRC may be in order.
* There is a concern for how final approval of new group should occur.
* General agreement is toward approval of bylaws in concurrent with electing first board, depending on the the variety or nature of branches (if any) after discussion.
* Thoughts on using the Wiki to house working copy of bylaws in discussed.
* Estel takes the item to put bylaws on wiki and monitor edits.
* Tabled until more input is forthcoming from further review (on TMO?)
Topic 2 (Infrastructure discussion)
* A request has been made to X-Fade about which services can be admined by Council or a subcommittee setup for maintenance. The end goal being to lighten the load on X-Fade and allow faster access for the community when problems arise.
Topic 3 (Misc items)
* Zogg proposes using a more robust logging bot in #maemo-meeting, for topics, etc.
Post meeting discussions:
* A general discussion about OBS, QTCreator and Jolla. (separate topics)
* Estel announces (via link post) his resignation from Council
SD69 to retouch bylaws and post as a blog entry for review by full community
Estel (now Woody14619?) will post bylaws to wiki for markup and review edits
Woody14619 to follow up with IRC topic links and announcements once blog/wiki are up
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo