Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Community

Community Awards: Self nomination (archebyte)

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

archebyte at gmail

Jun 17, 2012, 7:31 PM

Community Awards: Self nomination (archebyte)

Hello maemo.org Council,

I would like to apply for a N9 but will also accept the N950 if available.

I have been a maemo.org member since the N800 came out in 2007 but due
to some issues with my maemo.org profile, I had to create a new one in
2009 when I got the N900

Here are the current links to my profile:
maemo.org: http://maemo.org/profile/view/archebyte/
TMO: http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=25093

My involvement with the community began when I was hacking around on
the N800. With the N900, I quickly became an active contributor to the
community, starting out with helping folks in tmo to helping
developers test their applications as a super-tester. My profile and
karma reflects the wide area where I have made some humble
contributions such as package-testing, tmo, wiki, and popularizing the
N900 on my personal blog (linked from my mo profile page).

My use of the N900 and subsequent involvement in the community
subsided when my N900's usb port broke and I couldn't replace it.

I didn't think I could contribute what I managed to with work and
family around, but it happened - the attraction of the N900 and Maemo
was too strong :). With a N9, perhaps I would do what I couldn't in
spite of being a professional developer i.e. create an application for
MeeGo!

maemo.org is an extra-ordinary collection of motivated individuals and
I find myself around giants in this application process.The council
surely has its work cut out!

Mustali Dalal (@archebyte)

ivgalvez at gmail

Jun 18, 2012, 12:25 AM

Re: Community Awards: Self nomination (archebyte) [In reply to]

Hi Mustali,

Unfortunately the deadline for self submissions for the Community Awards
program ended on Sunday June 17th at 11:59 UTC, so we cannot accept your
submission.

Regards.

2012/6/18 Musta Ali <archebyte [at] gmail>

> Hello maemo.org Council,
>
> I would like to apply for a N9 but will also accept the N950 if available.
>
> I have been a maemo.org member since the N800 came out in 2007 but due
> to some issues with my maemo.org profile, I had to create a new one in
> 2009 when I got the N900
>
> Here are the current links to my profile:
> maemo.org: http://maemo.org/profile/view/archebyte/
> TMO: http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=25093
>
> My involvement with the community began when I was hacking around on
> the N800. With the N900, I quickly became an active contributor to the
> community, starting out with helping folks in tmo to helping
> developers test their applications as a super-tester. My profile and
> karma reflects the wide area where I have made some humble
> contributions such as package-testing, tmo, wiki, and popularizing the
> N900 on my personal blog (linked from my mo profile page).
>
> My use of the N900 and subsequent involvement in the community
> subsided when my N900's usb port broke and I couldn't replace it.
>
> I didn't think I could contribute what I managed to with work and
> family around, but it happened - the attraction of the N900 and Maemo
> was too strong :). With a N9, perhaps I would do what I couldn't in
> spite of being a professional developer i.e. create an application for
> MeeGo!
>
> maemo.org is an extra-ordinary collection of motivated individuals and
> I find myself around giants in this application process.The council
> surely has its work cut out!
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration.
>
> Mustali Dalal (@archebyte)

Iván Gálvez Junquera

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded