Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Community

Community award: N950 (preferably) or N9

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

qwazix at gmail

Community award: N950 (preferably) or N9

Hi,

I am Michael Demetriou, my username on tmo is qwazix
(http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=30054 ,
http://maemo.org/profile/view/qwazix/). My first encounter with maemo
was with the N900 on 2009. Since then I have been active on tmo daily
chatting, finding new things to test or helping wherever I can.

Some of the things I've done are

* Some usability changes to speedcrunch for N900 to make it more
mobile friendly, and a complete port to qml interface for the N9
* A script that enables sending 160 char sms sending in Greek using
the GSM Alphabet
* The banners on tmo
* A script that allows playback of audio on both external and internal speakers
* An online harmattan style icon maker
* A script to get rid of album art on the default photo viewer of N900
* contactLaunch, an application to add contact shortcuts on the
harmattan home screen
* oobProfile, an application to change profiles by location
* a script that keeps the time always shown on the N900 idle screen
* a multitap keyboard layout and a greek keyboard layout for maliit
* some research on amoled screens and their characteristics
* some package testing
* oobTodo, a simple app that just quickly launches the default
harmattan to-do list

Thank you all very much,

qwazix

qwazix at gmail

Re: Community award: N950 (preferably) or N9 [In reply to]

Hi again.

My submission was accepted in the other device activity, New Apps @
Nokia Store. Should everything go smoothly and my application is
published successfully consider my application for a Community Award
invalid. I will withdraw my application myself by posting here when
Nokia Store publishes my application, but I wanted to clarify that I
do not intend to compete for two devices.

Thanks,

qwazix

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Michael Demetriou <qwazix [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Michael Demetriou, my username on tmo is qwazix
> (http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=30054 ,
> http://maemo.org/profile/view/qwazix/). My first encounter with maemo
> was with the N900 on 2009. Since then I have been active on tmo daily
> chatting, finding new things to test or helping wherever I can.
>
> Some of the things I've done are
>
>  * Some usability changes to speedcrunch for N900 to make it more
> mobile friendly, and a complete port to qml interface for the N9
>  * A script that enables sending 160 char sms sending in Greek using
> the GSM Alphabet
>  * The banners on tmo
>  * A script that allows playback of audio on both external and internal speakers
>  * An online harmattan style icon maker
>  * A script to get rid of album art on the default photo viewer of N900
>  * contactLaunch, an application to add contact shortcuts on the
> harmattan home screen
>  * oobProfile, an application to change profiles by location
>  * a script that keeps the time always shown on the N900 idle screen
>  * a multitap keyboard layout and a greek keyboard layout for maliit
>  * some research on amoled screens and their characteristics
>  * some package testing
>  * oobTodo, a simple app that just quickly launches the default
> harmattan to-do list
>

> Thank you all very much,
>
> qwazix

twilight312 at gmail

Re: Community award: N950 (preferably) or N9 [In reply to]

Thanks for Your stance, qwazix. It's really appreciated, that You
don't want to get two devices (in case of being recognize din both
categories).

Although, I feel obliged to add, that getting N950 in Nokia Store
category, doesn't make Your submission for N9 via CA invalid (and vice
versa).

/Estel

2012/5/30, Michael Demetriou <qwazix [at] gmail>:
> Hi again.
>
> My submission was accepted in the other device activity, New Apps @
> Nokia Store. Should everything go smoothly and my application is
> published successfully consider my application for a Community Award
> invalid. I will withdraw my application myself by posting here when
> Nokia Store publishes my application, but I wanted to clarify that I
> do not intend to compete for two devices.
>
> Thanks,
>
> qwazix
>
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Michael Demetriou <qwazix [at] gmail>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am Michael Demetriou, my username on tmo is qwazix
>> (http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=30054 ,
>> http://maemo.org/profile/view/qwazix/). My first encounter with maemo
>> was with the N900 on 2009. Since then I have been active on tmo daily
>> chatting, finding new things to test or helping wherever I can.
>>
>> Some of the things I've done are
>>
>>  * Some usability changes to speedcrunch for N900 to make it more
>> mobile friendly, and a complete port to qml interface for the N9
>>  * A script that enables sending 160 char sms sending in Greek using
>> the GSM Alphabet
>>  * The banners on tmo
>>  * A script that allows playback of audio on both external and internal
>> speakers
>>  * An online harmattan style icon maker
>>  * A script to get rid of album art on the default photo viewer of N900
>>  * contactLaunch, an application to add contact shortcuts on the
>> harmattan home screen
>>  * oobProfile, an application to change profiles by location
>>  * a script that keeps the time always shown on the N900 idle screen
>>  * a multitap keyboard layout and a greek keyboard layout for maliit
>>  * some research on amoled screens and their characteristics
>>  * some package testing
>>  * oobTodo, a simple app that just quickly launches the default
>> harmattan to-do list
>>

>> Thank you all very much,
>>
>> qwazix

ppawan1 at yahoo

Re: Community award: N950 (preferably) or N9 [In reply to]

I did not choose to reject two device...

________________________________
Thanks for Your stance, qwazix. It's really appreciated, that You
don't want to get two devices (in case of being recognize din both
categories).

Although, I feel obliged to add, that getting N950 in Nokia Store
category, doesn't make Your submission for N9 via CA invalid (and vice
versa).

/Estel

2012/5/30, Michael Demetriou <qwazix [at] gmail>:
> Hi again.
>
> My submission was accepted in the other device activity, New Apps @
> Nokia Store. Should everything go smoothly and my application is
> published successfully consider my application for a Community Award
> invalid. I will withdraw my application myself by posting here when
> Nokia Store publishes my application, but I wanted to clarify that I
> do not intend to compete for two devices.
>
> Thanks,
>
> qwazix
>
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Michael Demetriou <qwazix [at] gmail>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am Michael Demetriou, my username on tmo is qwazix
>> (http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=30054 ,
>> http://maemo.org/profile/view/qwazix/). My first encounter with maemo
>> was with the N900 on 2009. Since then I have been active on tmo daily
>> chatting, finding new things to test or helping wherever I can.
>>
>> Some of the things I've done are
>>
>>  * Some usability changes to speedcrunch for N900 to make it more
>> mobile friendly, and a complete port to qml interface for the N9
>>  * A script that enables sending 160 char sms sending in Greek using
>> the GSM Alphabet
>>  * The banners on tmo
>>  * A script that allows playback of audio on both external and internal
>> speakers
>>  * An online harmattan style icon maker
>>  * A script to get rid of album art on the default photo viewer of N900
>>  * contactLaunch, an application to add contact shortcuts on the
>> harmattan home screen
>>  * oobProfile, an application to change profiles by location
>>  * a script that keeps the time always shown on the N900 idle screen
>>  * a multitap keyboard layout and a greek keyboard layout for maliit
>>  * some research on amoled screens and their characteristics
>>  * some package testing
>>  * oobTodo, a simple app that just quickly launches the default
>> harmattan to-do list
>>

>> Thank you all very much,
>>
>> qwazix

qwazix at outofbounds

Jun 15, 2012, 11:12 AM

Re: Community award: N950 (preferably) or N9 [In reply to]

As much as I would like to receive a shiny new N9, I still believe
it's unfair to deprive a device of anyone else, and as my submission
in the other activity has gone fine (DHL e-mail says I will receive a
N950 soon <excited>) I officially retract my self-nomination. If I
experience my share of "seller's remorse", I may see you around in the
coding competition.

Thank you all

ivgalvez at gmail

Jun 17, 2012, 10:20 AM

Re: Community award: N950 (preferably) or N9 [In reply to]

Thanks for your generosity Michael.

2012/6/15 Michael Demetriou <qwazix [at] outofbounds>

> As much as I would like to receive a shiny new N9, I still believe
> it's unfair to deprive a device of anyone else, and as my submission
> in the other activity has gone fine (DHL e-mail says I will receive a
> N950 soon <excited>) I officially retract my self-nomination. If I
> experience my share of "seller's remorse", I may see you around in the
> coding competition.
>
> Thank you all
>

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Piotr Jawidzyk <twilight312 [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for Your stance, qwazix. It's really appreciated, that You
> > don't want to get two devices (in case of being recognize din both
> > categories).
> >
> > Although, I feel obliged to add, that getting N950 in Nokia Store
> > category, doesn't make Your submission for N9 via CA invalid (and vice
> > versa).
> >
> > /Estel
> >
> > 2012/5/30, Michael Demetriou <qwazix [at] gmail>:
> >> Hi again.
> >>
> >> My submission was accepted in the other device activity, New Apps @
> >> Nokia Store. Should everything go smoothly and my application is
> >> published successfully consider my application for a Community Award
> >> invalid. I will withdraw my application myself by posting here when
> >> Nokia Store publishes my application, but I wanted to clarify that I
> >> do not intend to compete for two devices.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> qwazix

Iván Gálvez Junquera

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded