Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Community

Re: Replacement for MeeGo Community OBS

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

martin.brook100 at googlemail

Re: Replacement for MeeGo Community OBS

Hi Guys,

As mentioned below here is the Agenda for the next meeting in #mer-meeting
at 16:00 UTC on 15 May

1. Mer NFP Status including progress on Donation/Sponsorship Procedures
2, Legal Entity Progress
3, Feedback on Maemo OBS progress

BR

vgrade

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:55 PM, martin brook <
martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Thanks for your time at the meeting and you can find Minutes and the full
> log below.
>
> Minutes:
> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-24-16.00.html
> Minutes (text):
> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-24-16.00.txt
> Log:
> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-24-16.00.log.html
>
> I'll schedule another get together on 15 May at 16:00 UTC , I'll send out
> an email nearer the time and if anyone wants to donate please get in touch,
> see http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Donation_Policy
>
> BR
>
> vgrade
>
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM, martin brook <
> martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As mentioned below here is the Agenda for the next meeting in
>> #mer-meeting at 16:00 UTC on 24 April
>>
>> 1. Mer NFP Status including progress on Donation/Sponsorship Procedures
>> 2, Legal Entity Progress
>> 3, Feedback from Maemo OBS discussions
>>
>> If you would like to add anything to the agenda please let me know.
>>
>> BR
>>
>> vgrade
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM, martin brook <
>> martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your time at the meeting and you can find Minutes and the
>>> full log below.
>>>
>>> Minutes:
>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.html
>>> Minutes (text):
>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.txt
>>> Log:
>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.log.html
>>>
>>> I'll schedule another get together on 24 April at 16:00 UTC , I'll send
>>> out an email nearer the time and if anyone wants to sponsor/donate please
>>> get in touch.
>>>
>>> BR
>>>
>>> vgrade

jeremiah at jeremiahfoster

Re: Replacement for MeeGo Community OBS [In reply to]

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:11:00PM +0100, martin brook wrote:
> Hi Guys,

Hi vgrade,

> As mentioned below here is the Agenda for the next meeting in #mer-meeting
> at 16:00 UTC on 15 May
>
> 1. Mer NFP Status including progress on Donation/Sponsorship Procedures

What does the acronym NFP mean in this context?

> 2, Legal Entity Progress

What type of legal entity is going to be created? Non-profit or
commercial?

> 3, Feedback on Maemo OBS progress

In what way will the Maemo OBS be different from the COBS? Who will
have control over the physical server?

If those questions get addressed and put in the minutes I would be
very grateful.

Regards,

Jeremiah

Re: Replacement for MeeGo Community OBS [In reply to]

Jeremiah Hi,

> What does the acronym NFP mean in this context?
>
> Not for profit

> > 2, Legal Entity Progress
>
> What type of legal entity is going to be created? Non-profit or
> commercial?
>
> This entity is still being worked out but it will be Non-profit

> > 3, Feedback on Maemo OBS progress
>
> In what way will the Maemo OBS be different from the COBS? Who will
> have control over the physical server?
>
> The Maemo guys are doing experimental work to get Freemantle building on
OBS on a few machines which are part of the Nokia donated Maemo infra with
a view to being able to transfer the Maemo build to an TBD OBS server in
the future. The idea is to share the infra and the people resources in
management of a single OBS resource for Maemo, Mer, Harmatten, Plasma
Active communities. The decision on who has control is still to be worked
out which is part of the 'legal entity' item above.

Re: Replacement for MeeGo Community OBS [In reply to]

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:32:04PM +0100, martin brook wrote:
> Jeremiah Hi,
>

> > What does the acronym NFP mean in this context?
> >
> > Not for profit
>

> > > 2, Legal Entity Progress
> >
> > What type of legal entity is going to be created? Non-profit or
> > commercial?
> >
> > This entity is still being worked out but it will be Non-profit
>

> > > 3, Feedback on Maemo OBS progress
> >
> > In what way will the Maemo OBS be different from the COBS? Who will
> > have control over the physical server?
> >
> > The Maemo guys are doing experimental work to get Freemantle building on
> OBS on a few machines which are part of the Nokia donated Maemo infra with
> a view to being able to transfer the Maemo build to an TBD OBS server in
> the future. The idea is to share the infra and the people resources in
> management of a single OBS resource for Maemo, Mer, Harmatten, Plasma
> Active communities. The decision on who has control is still to be worked
> out which is part of the 'legal entity' item above.

Fascinating. I'd like to participate. I will try to come to the meeting.

Thanks Martin.

Jeremiah