Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Community

Re: Promotion unlocked for Crochik MyContacts

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

nybauer at gmail

Re: Promotion unlocked for Crochik MyContacts

Hi Felipe,

I became aware that packages were stuck and addressed the qa/promotion
process a couple months ago -

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82374

You can provide comments about the qa/promotion process on the testing
squad mailing list.

Rob

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Felipe Crochik <felipe [at] crochik> wrote:

> I have to comment on this: after over one year one of my aoplications was
> approved. And very important: it is one of my most popular applications
> with many thousands of downloads.
>
> I really think we can improve the qa/promotion process. Granted that this
> application was not very popular among the qa people because it waas not
> open source but is hard to think that the process is working based on it.
>
> Just something for the new council to think about
>
> Felipe

khertan at khertan

Re: Promotion unlocked for Crochik MyContacts [In reply to]

Hi Felipe,

In facts, it s not a complete big fail, as many users install the
extras-testing repository.
So you ll see that there isn't so much download from extras. Most users
know that softwares in extras aren't up to date, and are fewer due to
low qa testing.

I ve finally stopped to fight against that :)

Regards,

On 27/04/2012 01:06, robert bauer wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> I became aware that packages were stuck and addressed the qa/promotion
> process a couple months ago -
>
> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82374
>
> You can provide comments about the qa/promotion process on the testing
> squad mailing list.
>
> Rob
>
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Felipe Crochik <felipe [at] crochik
> <mailto:felipe [at] crochik>> wrote:
>
> I have to comment on this: after over one year one of my
> aoplications was approved. And very important: it is one of my
> most popular applications with many thousands of downloads.
>
> I really think we can improve the qa/promotion process. Granted
> that this application was not very popular among the qa people
> because it waas not open source but is hard to think that the
> process is working based on it.
>
> Just something for the new council to think about
>
> Felipe

Benoît HERVIER - http://khertan.net/

felipe at crochik

Re: Promotion unlocked for Crochik MyContacts [In reply to]

I am with you... I don't think I have ever disabled extras-devel after I
got the tasty of it...
I was just trying to point out something that I don't think had worked very
well in the past and that now has even less chance.
Regards,
Felipe