Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Community

Community OBS

 

 

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


nybauer at gmail

Apr 12, 2012, 6:17 AM

Post #1 of 16 (616 views)
Permalink
Community OBS

Thanks vgrade. Jaffa, please record the follow on discussion you had with
X-Fade after #mer-meeting in this thread.

Everyone, please indicate your thoughts on this subject. This is important
stuff, and may move ahead in a way we don't like if we don't formulate a
plan. It will be discussed with QGil and X-Fade in a council meeting on
April 17 at 15:00 UTC and I'd like to have a sense of our opinion on the
subject. So far, pycage and timoph have volunteered to assist with the
maemo Community OBS. Others will be needed if we do this.

So far, AFAIUI, the working proposal is to replace the current autobuilder
with a community OBS having several targets, including harmattan,
fremantle, Mer/Nemo and KDE/plasma active. The community OBS will utilize
some idle maemo servers but will be operated separately from maemo.org and
in conjunction with Mer.

Rob


On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM, martin brook <
martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Thanks for your time at the meeting and you can find Minutes and the full
> log below.
>
> Minutes:
> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.html
> Minutes (text):
> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.txt
> Log:
> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.log.html
>
> I'll schedule another get together on 24 April at 16:00 UTC , I'll send
> out an email nearer the time and if anyone wants to sponsor/donate please
> get in touch.
>
> BR
>
> vgrade
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM, martin brook <
> martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As mentioned below here is the Agenda for the next meeting in
>> #mer-meeting at 16:00 UTC on 10 April
>>
>> 1. Current status of Maemo community OBS
>> 2. Mer NFP Status including progress on Donation/Sponsorship Procedures
>> 3, Legal Entity Progress
>> 4. Plasma Active Update on proposed plans for new Repos
>> 5, Harmattan/Fremantle Targets
>>
>> If you would like to add anything to the agenda please let me know.
>>
>> BR
>>
>> vgrade
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM, martin brook <
>> martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your time at the meeting and you can find Minutes and the
>>> full log below.
>>>
>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Meeting ended Tue Mar 20 17:14:38 2012 UTC.
>>> Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings. (v 0.1.4)
>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Minutes:
>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-03-20-16.00.html
>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Minutes (text):
>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-03-20-16.00.txt
>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Log:
>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-03-20-16.00.log.html
>>>
>>> I was thinking of scheduling another get together on 10 April at 16:00
>>> UTC , I'll send out an email nearer the time and if anyone wants to
>>> sponsor/donate please get in touch.
>>>
>>> BR
>>>
>>> vgrade
>>>
>> /snip


ivgalvez at gmail

Apr 12, 2012, 6:36 AM

Post #2 of 16 (599 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

In my opinion that would be great news. Cooperating with other projects
will help to prevent Maemo 5 disappearing and having all these projects as
different targets in the same builder will encourage developers to provide
ports for all of them.

Would also be possible to add a Maemo 4 target to the OBS? (even if that
needs to be done at a second step would help those developers that are yet
maintaining applications for both Diablo and Fremantle).


2012/4/12 robert bauer <nybauer [at] gmail>

> Thanks vgrade. Jaffa, please record the follow on discussion you had with
> X-Fade after #mer-meeting in this thread.
>
> Everyone, please indicate your thoughts on this subject. This is
> important stuff, and may move ahead in a way we don't like if we don't
> formulate a plan. It will be discussed with QGil and X-Fade in a council
> meeting on April 17 at 15:00 UTC and I'd like to have a sense of our
> opinion on the subject. So far, pycage and timoph have volunteered to
> assist with the maemo Community OBS. Others will be needed if we do this.
>
> So far, AFAIUI, the working proposal is to replace the current autobuilder
> with a community OBS having several targets, including harmattan,
> fremantle, Mer/Nemo and KDE/plasma active. The community OBS will utilize
> some idle maemo servers but will be operated separately from maemo.organd in conjunction with Mer.
>
> Rob
>
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM, martin brook <
> martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Thanks for your time at the meeting and you can find Minutes and the full
>> log below.
>>
>> Minutes:
>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.html
>> Minutes (text):
>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.txt
>> Log:
>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-04-10-16.00.log.html
>>
>> I'll schedule another get together on 24 April at 16:00 UTC , I'll send
>> out an email nearer the time and if anyone wants to sponsor/donate please
>> get in touch.
>>
>> BR
>>
>> vgrade
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM, martin brook <
>> martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As mentioned below here is the Agenda for the next meeting in
>>> #mer-meeting at 16:00 UTC on 10 April
>>>
>>> 1. Current status of Maemo community OBS
>>> 2. Mer NFP Status including progress on Donation/Sponsorship Procedures
>>> 3, Legal Entity Progress
>>> 4. Plasma Active Update on proposed plans for new Repos
>>> 5, Harmattan/Fremantle Targets
>>>
>>> If you would like to add anything to the agenda please let me know.
>>>
>>> BR
>>>
>>> vgrade
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM, martin brook <
>>> martin.brook100 [at] googlemail> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Guys,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for your time at the meeting and you can find Minutes and the
>>>> full log below.
>>>>
>>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Meeting ended Tue Mar 20 17:14:38 2012 UTC.
>>>> Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Meetings. (v 0.1.4)
>>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Minutes:
>>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-03-20-16.00.html
>>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Minutes (text):
>>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-03-20-16.00.txt
>>>> [17:14] <@MerBot> Log:
>>>> http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-03-20-16.00.log.html
>>>>
>>>> I was thinking of scheduling another get together on 10 April at 16:00
>>>> UTC , I'll send out an email nearer the time and if anyone wants to
>>>> sponsor/donate please get in touch.
>>>>
>>>> BR
>>>>
>>>> vgrade
>>>>
>>> /snip
>
> _______________________________________________
> maemo-community mailing list
> maemo-community [at] maemo
> https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community
>
>


--
IvŠn GŠlvez Junquera


maemo at javispedro

Apr 12, 2012, 10:41 AM

Post #3 of 16 (594 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:17:22 -0400, robert bauer wrote:
> So far, pycage and timoph have volunteered
> to assist with the maemo Community OBS. Others will be needed if we do
> this.

I can and want give a hand here. I am somewhat experienced with
Scratchbox1 and I have also helped with packaging related tasks in
previous occasions.

In my opinion, having the current autobuilder replaced is basically a
must, as I don't think anyone maintains the current arcane toolchains
there. Someday there will be another sbox/glibc/kernel breakage and by
then all the Scratchbox gurus will have left for greener pastures, leaving
no one to fix it.

I would even try to move Chinook targets to it, so that the older
autobuilder can be entirely "decommissioned" and its machines used as OBS
workers. Unless someone complains of course... or it turns out to be
astonishingly hard.

Sadly, the problem is that my time is limited (otherwise I'd be running
for Council :) ). I hope to at least be able to give this a pair of hours
weekly though.

In any case, I am attending the next council meeting (on the 17th). See
you there!

_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


timop.harkonen at gmail

Apr 12, 2012, 12:53 PM

Post #4 of 16 (605 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

Hi

12. huhtikuuta 2012 20.41 Javier S. Pedro <maemo [at] javispedro> kirjoitti:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:17:22 -0400, robert bauer wrote:
> > So far, pycage and timoph have volunteered
> > to assist with the maemo Community OBS. Others will be needed if we do
> > this.
>
> I can and want give a hand here. I am somewhat experienced with
> Scratchbox1 and I have also helped with packaging related tasks in
> previous occasions.
>

I can give a hand at least in testing it since I have some experience in
using obs. I think I should have an account on the maemo.org OBS machine if
that's still running. I recall testing it at some point before the
harmattan stuff was moved to the meego community obs.


>
> In my opinion, having the current autobuilder replaced is basically a
> must, as I don't think anyone maintains the current arcane toolchains
> there. Someday there will be another sbox/glibc/kernel breakage and by
> then all the Scratchbox gurus will have left for greener pastures, leaving
> no one to fix it.
>
> I would even try to move Chinook targets to it, so that the older
> autobuilder can be entirely "decommissioned" and its machines used as OBS
> workers. Unless someone complains of course... or it turns out to be
> astonishingly hard.
>

+1

-Timo


niels at maemo

Apr 13, 2012, 4:40 AM

Post #5 of 16 (597 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Javier S. Pedro <maemo [at] javispedro> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:17:22 -0400, robert bauer wrote:
>> So far, pycage and timoph have volunteered
>> to assist with the maemo Community OBS. †Others will be needed if we do
>> this.
>
> I can and want give a hand here. I am somewhat experienced with
> Scratchbox1 and I have also helped with packaging related tasks in
> previous occasions.

That would be great. We'd need to discuss the exact way how to do it
best, but looking at the results Mer has with SB2 on OBS, I think we
should do the same.

> In my opinion, having the current autobuilder replaced is basically a
> must, as I don't think anyone maintains the current arcane toolchains
> there. Someday there will be another sbox/glibc/kernel breakage and by
> then all the Scratchbox gurus will have left for greener pastures, leaving
> no one to fix it.

Yes, It would be a lot easier to manage this in an OBS. It also would
be a lot easier to make someone maintainer of a package/group of
packages.

> I would even try to move Chinook targets to it, so that the older
> autobuilder can be entirely "decommissioned" and its machines used as OBS
> workers. Unless someone complains of course... or it turns out to be
> astonishingly hard.

Yeah, it would probably be more of the same. Once you find the common
problems with fremantle builds, I guess that they will carry over to
diablo too.

> Sadly, the problem is that my time is limited (otherwise I'd be running
> for Council :) ). I hope to at least be able to give this a pair of hours
> weekly though.
>
> In any case, I am attending the next council meeting (on the 17th). See
> you there!
>
Thanks for the offer.

BTW, It might make sense to have a separate meeting about the
technical details. Maybe we can plan an IRC meeting so everyone who is
interested can join?

- Niels
_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


nybauer at gmail

Apr 14, 2012, 7:25 PM

Post #6 of 16 (593 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Javier S. Pedro <maemo [at] javispedro>wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:17:22 -0400, robert bauer wrote:
> > So far, pycage and timoph have volunteered
> > to assist with the maemo Community OBS. Others will be needed if we do
> > this.
>
> I can and want give a hand here. I am somewhat experienced with
> Scratchbox1 and I have also helped with packaging related tasks in
> previous occasions.
>
> In my opinion, having the current autobuilder replaced is basically a
> must, as I don't think anyone maintains the current arcane toolchains
> there. Someday there will be another sbox/glibc/kernel breakage and by
> then all the Scratchbox gurus will have left for greener pastures, leaving
> no one to fix it.
>
> I would even try to move Chinook targets to it, so that the older
> autobuilder can be entirely "decommissioned" and its machines used as OBS
> workers. Unless someone complains of course... or it turns out to be
> astonishingly hard.
>
>
+1

and thanks for helping

Rob


andrew at bleb

Apr 15, 2012, 11:42 AM

Post #7 of 16 (585 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On 12 April 2012 14:17, robert bauer <nybauer [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks vgrade.  Jaffa, please record the follow on discussion you had with
> X-Fade after #mer-meeting in this thread.

The gist was:

* Replacing Extras Autobuilder with OBS and a Mer project managed OBS
are independent.

* Nokia pay Nemein for x hours of maemo.org support a month. Anything
above and beyond business-as-usual should deliver tangible, and
documented, benefits to maemo.org with transparent investment &
progress.

* Some packages currently built by the autobuilder don't build cleanly
in COBS. An approach (including, potentially, binary & source imports
directly) would need to be determined for these.

* The premise that aligning maemo.org builder + Downloads + Packages
+ QA with other projects, such as AFM will mean less inconsistency
and more efficiency in terms of maintenance/development is
_probably_ true; but may need to be spelt out and proven.

Cheers,

Andrew


The transcript:

18:05 < Jaffa> Belated question/point - the question of maemo.org using a Mer
project managed OBS is independent of replacing Extras
Autobuilder with OBS.
18:06 < X-Fade> First we need to see if it is technically feasilble.
18:06 < Jaffa> Sure, the same people would be involved; but maemo.org is paying
for x FTE from Nemein, including X-Fade. Gets a bit blurry if
Nokia is paying of the servers for both, but it sounds like
server donations is something Mer doesn't want anyway,
18:07 < Jaffa> X-Fade: In the status update, you said it had been working as a
proof-of-concept.
18:07 < Stskeeps> also.. that not all packages may build under 'obs' autobuilder
18:07 < Stskeeps> we can take this discussion in #mer as well
18:08 < Jaffa> Stskeeps: That's only a problem when rebuilding them; which will
probably only happen if there's a maintainer around
18:09 < X-Fade> Well, yes and no.
18:09 < X-Fade> You'd ultimately want to manage the whole repository in OBS.
18:10 < X-Fade> But that _is_ a lot of work :)
18:10 < Jaffa> Right, but the "Extras" and "Extras-testing" repos would be a
single thing, and could be seeded by the existing repos
(binaries + source)
18:10 < X-Fade> Only until someone uploads a lib which those libraries depend
on.
18:11 < Jaffa> X-Fade: I suppose the premise (which hasn't been spelt out, nor
confirmed) is that aligning maemo.org builder + Downloads +
Packages + QA with other projects, such as AFM will mean less
inconsistency and more efficiency in terms of
maintenance/development.
18:11 < X-Fade> You'd want to make that possible at some point.
18:11 < Jaffa> True.
18:11 < X-Fade> A better maintained repo.
18:12 < X-Fade> Now we can not do things like that.
18:12 < Jaffa> Once the scope of the problem is known, a "taskforce" could try
and tackle them (depending on the types of problems, and how
many there are)
18:12 < X-Fade> We could even update the fremantle sdk :D
18:12 < X-Fade> But yes, might be a topic for another meeting/thread.
18:13 < Jaffa> X-Fade: TBH, a bit too much time gets spent
designing/implementing the perfect generic solution. It's a
current restriction, there's no guarantee an arbitrary package
in Extras will rebuild with its dependencies at the moment (IIRC)


--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew [at] bleb  |  http://www.bleb.org/
_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


nybauer at gmail

Apr 16, 2012, 5:32 AM

Post #8 of 16 (589 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Andrew Flegg <andrew [at] bleb> wrote:

> On 12 April 2012 14:17, robert bauer <nybauer [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Thanks vgrade. Jaffa, please record the follow on discussion you had
> with
> > X-Fade after #mer-meeting in this thread.
>
> The gist was:
>
> * Replacing Extras Autobuilder with OBS and a Mer project managed OBS
> are independent.
>
They are independent. It was proposed that the Mer project should manage
the OBS, but that is still up for discussion. Should certainly be
discussed if there will be multiple maemo targets and maemo servers will be
used. I suspect we will probably end up with the usual suspects though.


>
> * Nokia pay Nemein for x hours of maemo.org support a month. Anything
> above and beyond business-as-usual should deliver tangible, and
> documented, benefits to maemo.org with transparent investment &
> progress.
>
Are you sure the contract between Nokia and Nemein states a definite number
x of FTEs? In any event, we need Nemein to estimate the amount of time it
will take, and make a plan for our volunteers.



>
> * Some packages currently built by the autobuilder don't build cleanly
> in COBS. An approach (including, potentially, binary & source imports
> directly) would need to be determined for these.
>
OK


>
> * The premise that aligning maemo.org builder + Downloads + Packages
> + QA with other projects, such as AFM will mean less inconsistency
> and more efficiency in terms of maintenance/development is
> _probably_ true; but may need to be spelt out and proven.
>
It may also provide some common ground between AFM and maemo communities.


maemo at javispedro

Apr 18, 2012, 8:15 AM

Post #9 of 16 (587 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:40:56 +0200, Niels Breet wrote:
> BTW, It might make sense to have a separate meeting about the technical
> details. Maybe we can plan an IRC meeting so everyone who is interested
> can join?

During the Council meeting it was agreed to have one such meeting. I was
thinking having such meeting today, but I now believe that it's best not,
as this would have been very little warning time.

I therefore propose to pospone it until next Monday, at 15:00 UTC. If that
is OK with everyone.

The agenda IMHO would be to "simply":
A) Enumerate work to be done, guess all the potential problems and the
headaches. So that we get the technical details.
B) Propose a place where we can keep this list of work, put progress,
current task force/volunteers, ..
C) Whatever comes up :)

_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


maemo at breet

Apr 18, 2012, 8:18 AM

Post #10 of 16 (588 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Javier S. Pedro <maemo [at] javispedro> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:40:56 +0200, Niels Breet wrote:
>> BTW, It might make sense to have a separate meeting about the technical
>> details. Maybe we can plan an IRC meeting so everyone who is interested
>> can join?
>
> During the Council meeting it was agreed to have one such meeting. I was
> thinking having such meeting today, but I now believe that it's best not,
> as this would have been very little warning time.
>
> I therefore propose to pospone it until next Monday, at 15:00 UTC. If that
> is OK with everyone.
>

OK for me.

> The agenda IMHO would be to "simply":
> A) Enumerate work to be done, guess all the potential problems and the
> headaches. So that we get the technical details.
> B) Propose a place where we can keep this list of work, put progress,
> current task force/volunteers, ..
> C) Whatever comes up :)

- Niels
_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


sunnyb7532 at gmail

May 20, 2012, 11:14 AM

Post #11 of 16 (538 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

Hi,

What is the current status of this? Was there a meeting last monday? Will
there be one this monday?

Rob

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Niels Breet <maemo [at] breet> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Javier S. Pedro <maemo [at] javispedro>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:40:56 +0200, Niels Breet wrote:
> >> BTW, It might make sense to have a separate meeting about the technical
> >> details. Maybe we can plan an IRC meeting so everyone who is interested
> >> can join?
> >
> > During the Council meeting it was agreed to have one such meeting. I was
> > thinking having such meeting today, but I now believe that it's best not,
> > as this would have been very little warning time.
> >
> > I therefore propose to pospone it until next Monday, at 15:00 UTC. If
> that
> > is OK with everyone.
> >
>
> OK for me.
>
> > The agenda IMHO would be to "simply":
> > A) Enumerate work to be done, guess all the potential problems and the
> > headaches. So that we get the technical details.
> > B) Propose a place where we can keep this list of work, put progress,
> > current task force/volunteers, ..
> > C) Whatever comes up :)
>
> - Niels
> _______________________________________________
> maemo-community mailing list
> maemo-community [at] maemo
> https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community
>


niels at maemo

May 21, 2012, 6:32 AM

Post #12 of 16 (540 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

Hi,

Yes, we are having weekly meetings. There is one today too.

- Niels

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Sunny B <sunnyb7532 [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the current status of this?† Was there a meeting last monday?† Will
> there be one this monday?
>
> Rob


--
Niels Breet
maemo.org webmaster
_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


maemo at javispedro

May 21, 2012, 12:36 PM

Post #13 of 16 (536 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Mon, 21 May 2012 15:32:12 +0200, Niels Breet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, we are having weekly meetings. There is one today too.

And ironically I forgot about this one (doh!). May I suggest
rescheduling for tomorrow (same hour) if there is anything interesting to
discuss?

At the end of last week's Mer COBS meeting I bothered Stskeeps with a few
questions of my own. They don't use a rootstrap in Mer's COBS, so we'd be
on our own... I was pretty much convinced that SB2 should be the way to
go though.

Javier.

_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


niels at maemo

May 22, 2012, 2:07 AM

Post #14 of 16 (538 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Javier S. Pedro <maemo [at] javispedro> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2012 15:32:12 +0200, Niels Breet wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, we are having weekly meetings. There is one today too.
>
> And ironically I forgot about this one (doh!). May I suggest
> rescheduling for tomorrow (same hour) if there is anything interesting to
> discuss?

Ok, same time, today. (15:00 UTC)

I've invited David Greaves(lbt) too, so we can chat about the SB2 approach.

> At the end of last week's Mer COBS meeting I bothered Stskeeps with a few
> questions of my own. They don't use a rootstrap in Mer's COBS, so we'd be
> on our own... I was pretty much convinced that SB2 should be the way to
> go though.
>

Let's discuss that in the meeting :)

> Javier.
>
- Niels
_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


niels at maemo

May 27, 2012, 11:50 AM

Post #15 of 16 (528 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

Hi,

I'll not be able to make the meeting tomorrow. I want to propose
postponing it one day to Tuesday May 29, 15:00 UTC

Any objections?

- Niels

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Niels Breet <niels [at] maemo> wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Javier S. Pedro <maemo [at] javispedro> wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 May 2012 15:32:12 +0200, Niels Breet wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Yes, we are having weekly meetings. There is one today too.
>>
>> And ironically I forgot about this one (doh!). May I suggest
>> rescheduling for tomorrow (same hour) if there is anything interesting to
>> discuss?
>
> Ok, same time, today. (15:00 UTC)
>
> I've invited David Greaves(lbt) too, so we can chat about the SB2 approach.
>
>> At the end of last week's Mer COBS meeting I bothered Stskeeps with a few
>> questions of my own. They don't use a rootstrap in Mer's COBS, so we'd be
>> on our own... I was pretty much convinced that SB2 should be the way to
>> go though.
>>
>
> Let's discuss that in the meeting :)
>
>> Javier.
>>
> - Niels
_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community


maemo at javispedro

May 28, 2012, 10:17 AM

Post #16 of 16 (528 views)
Permalink
Re: Community OBS [In reply to]

On Sun, 27 May 2012 20:50:47 +0200, Niels Breet wrote:
> I'll not be able to make the meeting tomorrow. I want to propose
> postponing it one day to Tuesday May 29, 15:00 UTC

Ok, better for me too.

Some news: sb2 builds without problems in Fremantle, you can packages
here:
http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/cobs/

(Note that apart from the packages on Depends: , there's also a
dependency on wget I forgot to ask, please install wget before calling
sb2-init)

As for the toolchain, I noticed some patches in the sb1 toolchain over
stock codesourcery. So I suggest we just do as Mer did and cpio2rpm/dpkg-
deb the sb1 toolchain.

There is something obvious I missed: we need to package qemu too.

Javier.

_______________________________________________
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo
https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-community

Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.