Mailing List Archive: Maemo: Community

Maemo Elections - Extended

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All Maemo community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

nybauer at gmail

Maemo Elections - Extended

There have been no nominations. Let's extend the nomination period and the
voting (if necessary) for a week.

Rob

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM, robert bauer <nybauer [at] gmail> wrote:

> It's time for the next Maemo election. Any community member who has karma
> of 100 or more may be nominated for Council or may nominate themselves via
> the maemo community mailing list (nominations must also be accepted to nteh
> mailing list). The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC, Saturday, 31
> March.
>
> The voting is preliminarily scheduled to run from 00:00 UTC, Thursday, 5
> April to 23:59, Wednesday, 11 April, 2012. If the community decides to
> nominate less than four nominees, then the nominees will be considered to
> represent a consensus of the community and there will be no vote.
>
> If there is a need for a vote, each member of maemo.org, who has an
> account that is more than 3 months old and who has earned over 10 "karma"
> points on that account, gets an electronic ballot. The election is a
> "single transferable vote". They rank their Council candidates in order of
> preference; if their top candidate cannot get elected with the votes they
> receive, the votes are redistributed until all council seats have been
> allocated.
>
> Please give serious consideration to nominating people you trust with the
> future of maemo. Nokia funding will end and Nokia cannot commit to handing
> over or licensing the website or parts of the infrastructure to the
> community. The current council has decided reorganizing maemo.org is not
> feasible for the long term and has started looking into a possible Plan B.
> There have also been proposals to bring Harmattan into maemo.org, and to
> coordinate with other projects. It is preferable that the future of maemo
> be made by a deliberate decision of the community. Please help that happen
> by nominating and voting for council members of your choice.

crashanddie at gmail

Re: Maemo Elections - Extended [In reply to]

Frankly, I think this telling. Maybe it's time to consider wrapping things up in a "so long and thanks for all the fish"-kinda way?

-S.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad