andrew at bleb
Sep 16, 2010, 3:36 PM
Post #1 of 2
Minutes and actions are below. The full logs are at:
Re: Maemo community meeting (with maemo.org team) Thursday 16, 12:00 UTC
Key participants (* == received action):
* Andrew Flegg (Jaffa)*
* Tero Kojo (tekojo)*
* Niels Breet (X-Fade)*
* Andre Klapper (andre_)*
* Dave Neary (dneary)
* Reggie Suplido (rsuplido)
* Henri Bergius (bergie)*
* Ferenc Szekely (ferenc)
* Alexey Zakhlestin (JimiDini)
* Daniel Wilms (danielwilms)*
Also present and participating:
* David Greaves (lbt)
* Gary Birkett (lcuk)
* Attila Csipa (achipa)
* Andrea Grandi (andy80)
* Tom Swindell (alterego)
* Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer)
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:13, Andrew Flegg <andrew [at] bleb> wrote:
> The agenda [was]:
> 1) Overview of current paid resources for maemo.org, and
> current thoughts on roadmap/future (Tero Kojo)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/9pFsD2 :
* "maemo.org will still be there for the community"
* Nokia budgeting is done mid-year and year-end, so long term
definite commitments are hard.
* Currently Andre & Niels are effectively full time (with Maemo
and MeeGo work); Dave is 50h/month; Nemein (via Henri)
provide about one man month per month for their maintenance
contact. Reggie looks after Talk, but with no specific
number of hours per month.
> 2) Overview of Brainstorm roadmap progress & current status:
> * Introduction (Community Council rep)
>  http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-community/2010-June/004345.html
Key points @ http://bit.ly/cxtAz1 :
* Comms following Brainstorm have been poor, but summer holidays
and contract renegotiations between Nemein and Nokia caused
> * SSO (Tero/Niels)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/9ZHkBS :
* No work progressed, despite being community's higest priority.
* Account merging is a hard problem.
* bergie: come up with draft SSO plan and scheduling (by
> * Garage (Ferenc)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/dpyxqD :
* MeeGo doesn't seem to be coming up with anything similar,
instead using upstream services.
* Jaffa: feed "Garage facelift" and "best Garage alternatives doc"
into community prioritisation system. Latter can be done by anyone
in the community (by 2010-10-01, depends on community
> * Packages & Downloads (Niels)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/d3fZpU :
* Progress on merging back-end of Downloads and Packages has
* OBS for fremantle works for everything which doesn't use Qt
due to Scratchboxisms in those packages.
* bergie: produce wiki page documenting usage of OCS APIs
* X-Fade: to put a list of problem packages on the wiki (by
* X-Fade: provide accounts to lcuk & achipa to help sort out
remaining packages (by 2010-10-08)
* bergie: come up with problem statement, suggested requirements
and possible technical approach for Donations framework for
discussion on maemo-developers (by 2010-10-15)
* danielwilms: summarise current position of appinstaller in
the wiki as a basis for further work (by 2010-10-15)
* Jaffa: add templates for new Packages/Downloads interface to
community activity list; can be done by anyone (by
2010-10-01, depends on community prioritisation system)
> * Bugzilla (Andre)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/aE9xgc :
* Bugzilla 3.4 test instance is up and running.
* Some blockers have been identified. David King (amigadave)
is going to finish these off.
* Go live can be done in a day, with planning.
* andre__: draft a blog post for the council, or write a
blog post which the council will plug to encourage more
testing, so that we can have confidence with go-live
> * Wiki (Dave)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/aX9zm9 :
* Lots of tidy-up completed.
* OS-based categorisation is now BAU.
* Dave will be working 70h/month for the rest of the year to make
up time from July/August.
> * Planet & News (Henri)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/dposaQ (follows #3 due to tekojo's commitments):
* Nothing concrete for the reasons stated earlier.
* Some background work been done.
* Roll out will coincide with same system on meego.com,
which is dependent on MeeGo server move.
* bergie: outline rough plan, blockers and other issues
for planned work on wiki, and communicate on maemo-community
> * Talk (Reggie)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/cmYnUk (follows #3 due to tekojo's commitments):
* SSO blocked on earlier task.
* bergie has a system which may allow forum<->email integration
with less CPU overhead, meaning feature isn't dependent on
MeeGo server move.
* RSS feed per thread is relatively easy.
* bergie: start a thread (probably on TMO) about the new approach
to see if there's scope for community involvement, rather than
needing time within the paid budget (by 2010-10-01)
> 3) Discussion around community handover of maemo.org
Key points @ http://bit.ly/cNQS9N :
* Nokia wants to give complete control of maemo.org to the community.
* Nemein will, in accordance with Finnish law, act as the legal
* Work will be prioritised by the Council, on behalf of the community.
* Nokia will go through the same process to get work done.
* ISPs manage up to the Apache level, everything above that is
managed by maemo.org team.
* This does not affect any trademarks.
* tekojo: to work with the council to start discussions on maemo-
community about what this means; community prioritisation
process and work feedback from the paid team.
> 4) Next steps (Community Council rep)
Key points @ http://bit.ly/dn91qI : none.
* Jaffa: produce minutes & circulate, to get confirmation on due
dates and actions.
> 5) AOB
Key points @ http://bit.ly/a3Ad4r :
* The current election is an important one: the next term will
be increasingly dealing with MeeGo, and the community ownership
* The chair wishes to thank the current council members: Ryan,
Randall, Javier and Attila for their hard work this term.
* The chair wishes all the candidates in this election good luck.
* ALL: Encourage people to vote in the election, linking to the URL:
Comments and corrections are welcome, in reply to this email.
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew [at] bleb | http://www.bleb.org/
Maemo Community Council chair
maemo-community mailing list
maemo-community [at] maemo