maemo2midgard-requirements at garage
May 23, 2007, 5:24 AM
Post #1 of 1
Requirements item #885, was opened at 2007-05-23 15:24
[maemo2midgard] [maemo2midgard-Requirements] Social News section
You can respond by visiting:
Or by replying to this e-mail entering your response between the following markers:
(enter your response here)
Submitted By: Quim Gil (qgil)
Assigned to: Quim Gil (qgil)
Summary: Social News section
Component: Main site
Project Phase: None
Description: A News section in maemo.org offering links to whatever news are relevant in the maemo project and community.
Timeframe: as soon as possible. Subphases can be proposed.
Responsible: Ferenc Szekely (project manager) and Quim Gil (product manager).
- The main page of the section features the latest and most voted entries of each source in an elegant and efficient way.
- A prominent "Top 10" block features the 10 most voted items from all the feeds, computing the votes of the last 10 days. If there are less than 10 news voted then shows the most voted and the most recent, without repetitions and up to 10 items.
- The Top 10 items are sorted by date, being the most recent in the first position. Items correspnding to images or videos show the available thumbnail.
- Each source has an own page linked from the navigation bar and the respective block in the main page. A block in the top of the page shows the data related to that feed: name, description, URL... Editors can add an editable static text paragrap.
- The Top 10 archive lists all the items that have hit the Top 10 list, sorted by date starting with the most recent.
- By default all the feeds list only the basic information (title, graphic, date, URL, tags). users need to go to click the items in order to get the rest in the source.
- Annoucements and Tableteer have own pages for each item with full content plus an archive listing.
- Planet items have all the content of the aggregated posts, like now and like Planets work. All aggregated feeds are available in the Planet page.
- Users can see in their profile the last 10 news they voted +1 and the last -1.
- Each item of any feed can be voted once by registered users +1 or -1 through representational icons to be decided. The system needs to be prepared to accept in the future potential features like voting other values or let editors modify their vote.
- Last project announcements + archive. It is possible to insert images and attach files when creating or editing an announcement. It is also possible to insert external images and embed flash using HTML i.e. Flickr and YouTube materials.
- Last Garage news + archive.
- Last Planet entries + archive
- Last Tableteer news + archive.
- Last Internet Tablet Talk entries + archive
- Last entry and archives for the main social web services with maemo tags or search results extractable: del.icio.us, Flickr, Youtube, Digg. Technorati as a reference for gathering other relevant feeds.
- Items pointing to same URLs are identified as duplicated, winning always the item that came first. The rest are not shown in the main page, but they appear in their feed archives.
News block in homepage
- The current Garage news block in the homepage is replaced by the top 5 items in the Top 10 block.
- Possibility for any user to subcribe to a general feed and the original feeds of every source.
- Possibility for registered users to select the feeds they want to see in the News main page.
- Possibility for editors to add new feeds, edit current feeds (title, how many items), delete feeds.
General maemo.org requirements
- No need to introduce id&password to be identified in a period of 2 weeks. Users can always logout and decide not to be remembered in the next session.
- Usable in the tablets, interface in the desktop is the same with Firefox, Explorer and Safari.
- Feed items (not the whole content) are searchable using the search engine.
- All pages under this section are under news.maemo.org but planet.maemo.org redirects now to news.maemo.org/planet
You can respond by visiting: