quim.gil at nokia
Jul 6, 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #1 of 1
Maemo 3.2 Bora  consists of a minor release based on the Nokia
maemo 3.2 Bora released with minor updates
Internet Tablet OS 2007 edition, feature upgrade . It is fully
compatible with the previous 3.x versions. Upgrading to this version is
highly recommended in order to get the latest stable code and bugfixes.
Developers using maemo 3.1 SDK only need to upgrade their packages, the
rest have to install maemo 3.1 and then upgrade. Check the full release
notes  for more detailed information and instructions.
This is the last maemo 3.x release, now development is focusing on maemo
4.0 Chinook. Developers can follow the latest open development through
the maemo Sardine  unstable distribution.
The maemo 3.2 Bora SDK contains the following components:
* Bora repositories with updated maemo 3.2 packages.
* Updated Scratchbox installer (installs Scratchbox Apophis R4)
* Updated maemo installer (installs maemo 3.1 as a base).
* Nokia EUSA binaries installer in self-extracting archive.
If no SDK is installed the developer should first install the maemo 3.1
as a base SDK with the provided script and then do the "dist-upgrade".
See the INSTALL.TXT  file for details.
maemo 3.2 tools
This release contains additional or updated tools and other helper
* bluez-hcidump - reads raw HCI data to and from a Bluetooth
device and prints it on screen in human readable form.
* htop - interactive process viewer.
* nano - a lightweight editor.
* netcat - TCP/IP swiss army knife, which can read and write data
across network connections.
* sysstat - system performance tools.
* tcpdump - dump traffic on a network.
* wireless-tools - tools for manipulating linux Wireless
* x-debug-tools - debug utilities for debugging X server and
* xresponse - measures UI response times.
* xrestop - provides statistics for each connected X11 client's
server-side resource usage.
Check http://www.maemo.org/maemo_tools/ for the list of tools and their
New or updated documents for maemo 3.2:
* Howto create Debian debug packages  (new)
* Multimedia Architecture  (updated)
* Getting Started with Multimedia  (updated)
* Kernel Guide for maemo 3.x  (updated)
Content comparison table of maemo 3.1 and maemo 3.2 is available from:
Quim Gil - http://maemo.org
maemo-announce mailing list
maemo-announce [at] maemo