Mailing List Archive: Linux Virtual Server: Users

LVS with Solaris realservers?

Linux Virtual Server users RSS feed   Index | Previous | View Threaded

David.Osborne at nottingham

Dec 19, 2000, 8:44 AM

LVS with Solaris realservers?

I'm just experimenting with LVS so far, and have got it working with an
all-Linux solution (RH6.2/Linux 2.2.18 on the director and RH7.0/2.2.18
on a pair of realservers). So far, so good. However, we also have a pair
of Sun Ultra10s running Solaris 8, which I'm setting up as a web
servers. I've read in the docs that a Linux LVS director will support
Solaris realservers, so I'd like to do that. However, I can't find any
HOWTOs or similar docs which tell me how to configure the networking on
the Suns and whether I should use VS-DR or VS-TUN. Are such details
available anywhere?

David
--
David Osborne david.osborne [at] nottingham
Academic Computing Services phone/voicemail: +44 (0)115 951 3397

fred at igtech

Dec 20, 1999, 7:10 AM

Re: LVS with Solaris realservers? [In reply to]

Hi,

I need a load balancer which should accept redirecting rules on URLs . For
example, Those with "/cgi-bin" to a group of servers, others (for static
data) to another group of servers . Is this planed to be done ? Do somebody
ever tried to do it ? (I have never put my nose into LVSs softs code, but
would it be difficult to add this feature?)

THanks,

Fred,

> Works fine. Just add the VIP to the Solaris 8 box using
>
> ifconfig lo0 addif ${VIP} up
>
> and run it in VS-DR mode.
>
> -Suresh
>

> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, David Osborne wrote:
>
> > I'm just experimenting with LVS so far, and have got it working with an
> > all-Linux solution (RH6.2/Linux 2.2.18 on the director and RH7.0/2.2.18
> > on a pair of realservers). So far, so good. However, we also have a pair
> > of Sun Ultra10s running Solaris 8, which I'm setting up as a web
> > servers. I've read in the docs that a Linux LVS director will support
> > Solaris realservers, so I'd like to do that. However, I can't find any
> > HOWTOs or similar docs which tell me how to configure the networking on
> > the Suns and whether I should use VS-DR or VS-TUN. Are such details
> > available anywhere?
> >
> > David
> > --
> > David Osborne david.osborne [at] nottingham
> > Academic Computing Services phone/voicemail: +44 (0)115 951 3397
> > The University of Nottingham fax: +44 (0)115 951 3358
> > Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~cczdao/

sraja at mediasc

Dec 19, 2000, 2:04 PM

Re: LVS with Solaris realservers? [In reply to]