Mailing List Archive: Linux Virtual Server: Users

[lvs-users] LVS persistance woes.

Linux Virtual Server users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

brentgclarklist at gmail

Jun 20, 2012, 6:24 AM

[lvs-users] LVS persistance woes.

Hi Guys

I wonder if someone can quickly help me.

I have the following for LVS.

rr persistent 3600

I need to drop a server out for maintenance. I have already dropped the weight to 0. Its taking forever for the ActiveConn to drop to 0.

I would like to ask, after dropping the weight, is there a way to force or politely get the maintenance server out.

Googling shows http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.persistent_connection.html

If I read correctly I need to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_conn to 1.

Thanks
Brent

andremag at gmail

Jun 20, 2012, 6:33 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS persistance woes. [In reply to]

Hi,
Instead of changing weight to 0 set active = 0 and restart the service.

Regards

On 20 June 2012 15:24, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I wonder if someone can quickly help me.
>
> I have the following for LVS.
>
> rr persistent 3600
>
> I need to drop a server out for maintenance. I have already dropped the
> weight to 0. Its taking forever for the ActiveConn to drop to 0.
>
> I would like to ask, after dropping the weight, is there a way to force or
> politely get the maintenance server out.
>
> Googling shows
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.persistent_connection.html
>
> If I read correctly I need to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_conn to
> 1.
>
> Thanks
> Brent

brentgclarklist at gmail

Jun 22, 2012, 11:55 PM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS persistance woes. [In reply to]

Hiya

Thank you for replying.

Im embarrassed to say and ask. Please could you elaborate / explain more.

If I can just echo something in the kernel. Please will you show and help me.

quiescent=yes in my ldirectord.cf

Kind Regards
Brent Clark