Mailing List Archive: Linux Virtual Server: Users

[lvs-users] LVS session maintain

Linux Virtual Server users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

reet.vyas28 at gmail

[lvs-users] LVS session maintain

I have configured LVS using rr . We are trying to load balance chat
server,file server and broadcasting.. I just want to know how lvs will
maintain session for the incoming request. consider one scenario if chat
request comes to lvs and will sent to real server 1 and it got crashed how
will request will transfer to other real server. As we are using tcp ports.
and not using cookies for session management. Please suggest.

reet.vyas28 at gmail

[lvs-users] LVS session maintain [In reply to]

I have configured LVS using rr . We are trying to load balance chat
> server,file server and broadcasting.. I just want to know how lvs will
> maintain session for the incoming request. consider one scenario if chat
> request comes to lvs and will sent to real server 1 and it got crashed how
> will request will transfer to other real server. As we are using tcp ports.
> and not using cookies for session management. Please suggest.

leon at linux

Re: [lvs-users] LVS session maintain [In reply to]

Hi,

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 09:49 +0000, Reet Vyas wrote:
> I have configured LVS using rr . We are trying to load balance chat
> server,file server and broadcasting.. I just want to know how lvs will
> maintain session for the incoming request. consider one scenario if chat
> request comes to lvs and will sent to real server 1 and it got crashed how
> will request will transfer to other real server. As we are using tcp ports.
> and not using cookies for session management. Please suggest.

Read up on persistence:

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.persistent_connection.html

Léon

graeme at graemef

Re: [lvs-users] LVS session maintain [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 15:19 +0530, Reet Vyas wrote:
> I have configured LVS using rr . We are trying to load balance chat
> server,file server and broadcasting.. I just want to know how lvs will
> maintain session for the incoming request. consider one scenario if chat
> request comes to lvs and will sent to real server 1 and it got crashed how
> will request will transfer to other real server. As we are using tcp ports.
> and not using cookies for session management. Please suggest.

What do you have doing the server monitoring? There are several. LVS by
itself does no monitoring at all.

Graeme