Mailing List Archive: Linux Virtual Server: Users

[lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna

Linux Virtual Server users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 20, 2012, 3:11 AM

[lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna

I m newbie have installed LVS on centos using pirahna for load balancing
windows server. My configuration details are

LVS VIP : 192.168.3.10
Real server IP 192.168.3.2
real server2 ip 192.168.3.3

I want to configure various port using VIp from 5001 to 5007 and I am
running tomcat application on 8080 port on real server . I can access this
application using real server ip as 192.168.3.2:8080 but its not working on
VIP (LVS router) Please suggest

david at davidcoulson

Mar 20, 2012, 3:15 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

1) don't use pirahna - It's not supported by RedHat anymore.
2) What does your ipvs configuration look like, and what does not work?

On 3/20/12 6:11 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
> I m newbie have installed LVS on centos using pirahna for load balancing
> windows server. My configuration details are
>

> LVS VIP : 192.168.3.10
> Real server IP 192.168.3.2
> real server2 ip 192.168.3.3
>
> I want to configure various port using VIp from 5001 to 5007 and I am
> running tomcat application on 8080 port on real server . I can access this
> application using real server ip as 192.168.3.2:8080 but its not working on
> VIP (LVS router) Please suggest

khapare77 at gmail

Mar 20, 2012, 3:26 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson>wrote:

> 1) don't use pirahna - It's not supported by RedHat anymore.

so what is the alternative for piranha that is supported by RedHat ?

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 20, 2012, 3:34 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

This is how i configure ipvsadm . When i tried to access application using
external ip of lvs routers asL ip:8080/popiweb/index.htm wont work but it
is working on real servers ip like 192.168.3.2:8080/popiweb/index.htm.

TCP 192.168.3.10:80 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:80 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:80 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:5001 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:5001 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:5001 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:5002 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:5002 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:5002 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:5003 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:5003 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:5003 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:5004 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:5004 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:5004 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:5005 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:5005 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:5005 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:5006 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:5006 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:5006 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:5007 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:5007 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:5007 Masq 1 0 0
TCP 192.168.3.10:8080 rr
-> 192.168.3.2:8080 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:8080 Masq 1 0 0
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Khapare Joshi <khapare77 [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson
> >wrote:
>
> > 1) don't use pirahna - It's not supported by RedHat anymore.
> >
> so what is the alternative for piranha that is supported by RedHat ?

david at davidcoulson

Mar 20, 2012, 3:40 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Are you using LVS-NAT for a reason? What is the default gateway for .2
and .3? LVS-NAT requires all reply traffic to go via the LVS node which
routed the original packet.

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Actually, piranha is supported on el6. I must have been thinking of
something else.

ldirectord is much better, but I don't believe RedHat ship that with el6.

On 3/20/12 6:26 AM, Khapare Joshi wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM, David Coulson<david [at] davidcoulson>wrote:
>
>> 1) don't use pirahna - It's not supported by RedHat anymore.
>>
> so what is the alternative for piranha that is supported by RedHat ?

graeme at graemef

Mar 20, 2012, 3:47 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 06:40 -0400, David Coulson wrote:
> Actually, piranha is supported on el6. I must have been thinking of
> something else.

Piranha was removed from Fedora 17, which implies that it will be
removed from the next release of RedHat Enterprise Linux. As that's some
time away, it's going to be around for a while yet.

Looking at Reet's question though - what address does the client have
that you're using to test your setup? It must *not* be on the same
network range as the realservers.

Graeme

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 20, 2012, 4:10 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Its yep I am using NAT for this lvs setup gateway of realserver is vip of
my lvs router. Is this wrong?? If u can pleas suggest how to do it i
wasted my three days still no results :(

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Graeme Fowler <graeme [at] graemef> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 06:40 -0400, David Coulson wrote:
> > Actually, piranha is supported on el6. I must have been thinking of
> > something else.
>
> Piranha was removed from Fedora 17, which implies that it will be
> removed from the next release of RedHat Enterprise Linux. As that's some
> time away, it's going to be around for a while yet.
>
> Looking at Reet's question though - what address does the client have
> that you're using to test your setup? It must *not* be on the same
> network range as the realservers.
>
> Graeme

david at davidcoulson

Mar 20, 2012, 4:26 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Change it to use DR mode, then on each of your real servers do:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 192.168.3.10 -j REDIRECT

does it work then?

On 3/20/12 7:10 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
> Its yep I am using NAT for this lvs setup gateway of realserver is vip of
> my lvs router. Is this wrong?? If u can pleas suggest how to do it i
> wasted my three days still no results :(
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Graeme Fowler<graeme [at] graemef> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 06:40 -0400, David Coulson wrote:
>>> Actually, piranha is supported on el6. I must have been thinking of
>>> something else.
>> Piranha was removed from Fedora 17, which implies that it will be
>> removed from the next release of RedHat Enterprise Linux. As that's some
>> time away, it's going to be around for a while yet.
>>
>> Looking at Reet's question though - what address does the client have
>> that you're using to test your setup? It must *not* be on the same
>> network range as the realservers.
>>
>> Graeme

david at davidcoulson

Mar 20, 2012, 4:37 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Windows_Servers_in_LVS/DR_and_LVS/TUN_Clusters

On 3/20/12 7:36 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
> how to change to DR mode and my real servers are windows..how to do
> this on windows
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson
> <mailto:david [at] davidcoulson>> wrote:
>
> Change it to use DR mode, then on each of your real servers do:
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 192.168.3.10 -j REDIRECT
>
> does it work then?
>

> On 3/20/12 7:10 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
>
> Its yep I am using NAT for this lvs setup gateway of
> realserver is vip of
> my lvs router. Is this wrong?? If u can pleas suggest how to
> do it i
> wasted my three days still no results :(
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Graeme
> Fowler<graeme [at] graemef <mailto:graeme [at] graemef>> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 06:40 -0400, David Coulson wrote:
>
> Actually, piranha is supported on el6. I must have
> been thinking of
> something else.
>
> Piranha was removed from Fedora 17, which implies that it
> will be
> removed from the next release of RedHat Enterprise Linux.
> As that's some
> time away, it's going to be around for a while yet.
>
> Looking at Reet's question though - what address does the
> client have
> that you're using to test your setup? It must *not* be on
> the same
> network range as the realservers.
>
> Graeme

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 20, 2012, 5:15 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

I did that but still no luck I just want to know wat i am trying to
configure is correct or not .. Can i access url from VIP as
192.168.3.10:8080 or not? this is the VIP of my lvs router and it is
working with reasl server 192.168.3.2:8080 ..

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:07 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson>wrote:

> http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Windows_Servers_in_LVS/DR_and_LVS/TUN_Clusters
>

> On 3/20/12 7:36 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
>
> how to change to DR mode and my real servers are windows..how to do this
> on windows
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson>wrote:
>
>> Change it to use DR mode, then on each of your real servers do:
>>
>> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 192.168.3.10 -j REDIRECT
>>
>> does it work then?
>>

>> On 3/20/12 7:10 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
>>
>>> Its yep I am using NAT for this lvs setup gateway of realserver is vip
>>> of
>>> my lvs router. Is this wrong?? If u can pleas suggest how to do it i
>>> wasted my three days still no results :(
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Graeme Fowler<graeme [at] graemef>
>>> wrote:

david at davidcoulson

Mar 20, 2012, 5:19 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

You need to do a packet capture or something to figure out what is not working. You can't test from the lvs router. You need a separate client.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2012, at 8:15 AM, Reet Vyas <reet.vyas28 [at] gmail> wrote:

> I did that but still no luck I just want to know wat i am trying to configure is correct or not .. Can i access url from VIP as 192.168.3.10:8080 or not? this is the VIP of my lvs router and it is working with reasl server 192.168.3.2:8080 ..
>

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:07 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson> wrote:
> http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Windows_Servers_in_LVS/DR_and_LVS/TUN_Clusters
>

> On 3/20/12 7:36 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
>>
>> how to change to DR mode and my real servers are windows..how to do this on windows
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson> wrote:
>> Change it to use DR mode, then on each of your real servers do:
>>
>> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 192.168.3.10 -j REDIRECT
>>
>> does it work then?
>>

>> On 3/20/12 7:10 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
>> Its yep I am using NAT for this lvs setup gateway of realserver is vip of
>> my lvs router. Is this wrong?? If u can pleas suggest how to do it i
>> wasted my three days still no results :(
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Graeme Fowler<graeme [at] graemef> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 06:40 -0400, David Coulson wrote:
>> Actually, piranha is supported on el6. I must have been thinking of
>> something else.
>> Piranha was removed from Fedora 17, which implies that it will be
>> removed from the next release of RedHat Enterprise Linux. As that's some
>> time away, it's going to be around for a while yet.
>>
>> Looking at Reet's question though - what address does the client have
>> that you're using to test your setup? It must *not* be on the same
>> network range as the realservers.
>>
>> Graeme

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 20, 2012, 6:11 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

win 1002, options [nop,nop,TS val 622858179 ecr 19927684], length 480
17:58:53.331753 IP ABTS-KK-static-133.233.166.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:38 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson>wrote:

> [...]
>> 17:59:40.420492 IP 192.168.3.1.squid > 192.168.3.2.kv-server: Flags [P.],
>> seq 517:564, ack 833, win 65535, length 47
>> 17:59:40.559059 IP 192.168.3.2.kv-server > 192.168.3.1.squid: Flags [.],
>> ack 564, win 65300, length 0
>>

>> dun know much abt this how to check this?
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson>wrote:
>>
>>> You need to do a packet capture or something to figure out what is not
>>> working. You can't test from the lvs router. You need a separate client.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On Mar 20, 2012, at 8:15 AM, Reet Vyas <reet.vyas28 [at] gmail> wrote:
>>>
>>> I did that but still no luck I just want to know wat i am trying to
>>> configure is correct or not .. Can i access url from VIP as
>>> 192.168.3.10:8080 or not? this is the VIP of my lvs router and it is
>>> working with reasl server 192.168.3.2:8080 ..

david at davidcoulson

Mar 20, 2012, 10:16 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

What does your real server see? Only include packets related to your LVS traffic, and make sure you display it as IPs and numeric ports (tcpdump -nn).

David

enno+lvs at groeper-berlin

Mar 20, 2012, 12:13 PM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Hi,

Am 20.03.2012 13:15, schrieb Reet Vyas:
> I did that but still no luck I just want to know wat i am trying to
> configure is correct or not .. Can i access url from VIP as
> 192.168.3.10:8080 or not? this is the VIP of my lvs router and it is
> working with reasl server 192.168.3.2:8080 ..
Without knowledge about the client, we can't tell. In theory yes, it
should work (just looking at the lvs configuration).
For now I simply ignore your second NIC on the LVS node.
I think you have either a 1-NIC, 2 Network LVS-NAT [1] or a One Network
LVS-NAT [2]. But only you know that for sure.
In both cases the LVS configuration is correct, but you still need
tweaks for your network setup.
The problem with one-arm LVS nodes is ICMP redirects.
What happens, if you ping the client from one of your realservers?
Is there a redirect shown? (Don't know what this looks like on Windows.
But I assume, Windows ping shows such things, too)

If I'm wrong with my assumption:
What is your exact setup?
* IP of client
* routing table of LVS node

HTH,
Enno

[1]
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#lvs_nat_one_network_two_nic
[2]
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#one_network
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 21, 2012, 12:51 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Hi I Have reconfigured everything below are the details

this is my ifconfig

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:E8:F6:74:DA
inet addr:122.166.233.133 Bcast:122.166.233.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::200:e8ff:fef6:74da/64 Scope:Link
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:9469972 (9.0 MiB) TX bytes:19929308 (19.0 MiB)
Interrupt:16 Base address:0x2000

eth0:1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:E8:F6:74:DA
inet addr:122.166.233.136 Bcast:122.166.233.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
Interrupt:16 Base address:0x2000

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:20:14:F9:2D
inet addr:192.168.3.1 Bcast:192.168.3.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::2e0:20ff:fe14:f92d/64 Scope:Link
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:18738556 (17.8 MiB) TX bytes:11697153 (11.1 MiB)
Interrupt:17 Memory:60000400-600004ff

eth1:1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:20:14:F9:2D
inet addr:192.168.3.10 Bcast:192.168.3.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
Interrupt:17 Memory:60000400-600004ff

eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:16:76:6E:D1:D2
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
Interrupt:21 Base address:0xa500

and ipvsadm -ln command

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP 122.166.233.136:5001 rr
FWM 80 wlc
-> 192.168.3.2:80 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:80 Masq 1 0 0

and tcpdump as u asked for tcpdump -nn

13:20:51.719651 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [.],
ack 71072, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369796 ecr 15415484], length 0
13:20:51.719666 IP 122.166.233.133.22 > 14.140.226.234.42148: Flags [P.],
seq 76992:77344, ack 49, win 338, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415577 ecr
5369796], length 352
13:20:51.723067 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [.],
ack 71424, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369799 ecr 15415487], length 0
13:20:51.723083 IP 122.166.233.133.22 > 14.140.226.234.42148: Flags [P.],
seq 77344:77696, ack 49, win 338, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415581 ecr
5369799], length 352
13:20:51.727503 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [.],
ack 71776, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369804 ecr 15415488], length 0
13:20:51.727518 IP 122.166.233.133.22 > 14.140.226.234.42148: Flags [P.],
seq 77696:78048, ack 49, win 338, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415585 ecr
5369804], length 352
13:20:51.729719 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [.],
ack 71984, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369806 ecr 15415499], length 0
13:20:51.729734 IP 122.166.233.133.22 > 14.140.226.234.42148: Flags [P.],
seq 78048:78400, ack 49, win 338, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415587 ecr
5369806], length 352
13:20:51.730957 IP 180.149.241.196.443 > 122.166.233.133.54647: Flags [.],
ack 3204, win 258, options [nop,nop,TS val 8618337 ecr 15415521], length 0
13:20:51.730985 IP 122.166.233.133.54647 > 180.149.241.196.443: Flags [P.],
seq 3204:4628, ack 631, win 1002, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415589 ecr
8618337], length 1424
13:20:51.734903 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [.],
ack 72336, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369811 ecr 15415504], length 0
13:20:51.734918 IP 122.166.233.133.22 > 14.140.226.234.42148: Flags [P.],
seq 78400:79120, ack 49, win 338, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415593 ecr
5369811], length 720
13:20:51.738592 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [.],
ack 72688, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369815 ecr 15415517], length 0
13:20:51.738608 IP 122.166.233.133.22 > 14.140.226.234.42148: Flags [P.],
seq 79120:79472, ack 49, win 338, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415596 ecr
5369815], length 352
13:20:51.744741 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [.],
ack 73200, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369821 ecr 15415518], length 0
13:20:51.744756 IP 122.166.233.133.22 > 14.140.226.234.42148: Flags [P.],
seq 79472:79824, ack 49, win 338, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415602 ecr
5369821], length 352
13:20:51.748002 IP 180.149.241.196.443 > 122.166.233.133.54647: Flags [P.],
seq 631:678, ack 3204, win 258, options [nop,nop,TS val 8618339 ecr
15415521], length 47
13:20:51.748016 IP 122.166.233.133.54647 > 180.149.241.196.443: Flags [.],
ack 678, win 1002, options [nop,nop,TS val 15415606 ecr 8618339], length 0
13:20:51.753389 IP 14.140.226.234.42148 > 122.166.233.133.22: Flags [P.],
seq 49:97, ack 73200, win 1842, options [nop,nop,TS val 5369829 ecr
15415518], length 48

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Enno Gröper <enno+lvs [at] groeper-berlin>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 20.03.2012 13:15, schrieb Reet Vyas:
> > I did that but still no luck I just want to know wat i am trying to
> > configure is correct or not .. Can i access url from VIP as
> > 192.168.3.10:8080 or not? this is the VIP of my lvs router and it is
> > working with reasl server 192.168.3.2:8080 ..
> Without knowledge about the client, we can't tell. In theory yes, it
> should work (just looking at the lvs configuration).
> For now I simply ignore your second NIC on the LVS node.
> I think you have either a 1-NIC, 2 Network LVS-NAT [1] or a One Network
> LVS-NAT [2]. But only you know that for sure.
> In both cases the LVS configuration is correct, but you still need
> tweaks for your network setup.
> The problem with one-arm LVS nodes is ICMP redirects.
> What happens, if you ping the client from one of your realservers?
> Is there a redirect shown? (Don't know what this looks like on Windows.
> But I assume, Windows ping shows such things, too)
>
> If I'm wrong with my assumption:
> What is your exact setup?
> * IP of client
> * routing table of LVS node
>
> HTH,
> Enno
>
> [1]
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#lvs_nat_one_network_two_nic
> [2]
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#one_network

david at davidcoulson

Mar 21, 2012, 4:47 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

All I see in your tcpdump is ports 22 and 443. Can you only capture the
packets related to the LVS connection? You also need to do the capture
on the real server, since that is probably where the issue is.

Mar 21, 2012, 7:06 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

I have squid on lvs router cause my real servers on diif n/w so add squid
proxy on lvs and gave real server ip address of my lvs router may be this
can be reason i cant access my application using VIP..please suggest

>>> NAT.html#lvs_nat_one_network_**two_nic<http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#lvs_nat_one_network_two_nic>
>>> [2]
>>>
>>> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/**LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-**
>>> NAT.html#one_network<http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#one_network>

david at davidcoulson

Mar 21, 2012, 7:16 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Yes, that won't work - If squid is running on lvs router, and pointed at
vip, it's not going to route via lvs. You can't run a lvs client on the
lvs router, and in this case squid is the lvs client as it is proxying.

Not really sure i understand your need to use squid. lvs should still
work even if they are 'different networks' as long as your routing is
setup properly.

Mar 22, 2012, 1:24 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Hi
this is my routing tables

192.168.3.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1
122.166.233.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
192.168.122.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0
virbr0
169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1003 0 0 eth0
169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1004 0 0 eth1
0.0.0.0 122.166.233.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

Mar 27, 2012, 12:43 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Hi

request is going to one real server not to both real server . Please suggest
TCP 122.166.233.136:80 wlc
-> 192.168.3.2:80 Masq 1 0 0
-> 192.168.3.3:80 Masq 2 0 0
TCP 122.166.233.136:5000 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5001 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5002 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5003 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5004 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5005 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5006 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5007 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:5008 wlc
TCP 122.166.233.136:8080 wlc

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Reet Vyas <reet.vyas28 [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi
> this is my routing tables
>
> 192.168.3.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0
> eth1
> 122.166.233.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0
> eth0
> 192.168.122.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0
> virbr0
> 169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1003 0 0
> eth0
> 169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1004 0 0
> eth1
> 0.0.0.0 122.166.233.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0
> eth0
>

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM, David Coulson <david [at] davidcoulson>wrote:
>
>> Yes, that won't work - If squid is running on lvs router, and pointed at
>> vip, it's not going to route via lvs. You can't run a lvs client on the lvs
>> router, and in this case squid is the lvs client as it is proxying.
>>
>> Not really sure i understand your need to use squid. lvs should still
>> work even if they are 'different networks' as long as your routing is setup
>> properly.
>>

>> On 3/21/12 10:06 AM, Reet Vyas wrote:
>>
>>> I have squid on lvs router cause my real servers on diif n/w so add squid
>>> proxy on lvs and gave real server ip address of my lvs router may be this
>>> can be reason i cant access my application using VIP..please suggest
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM, David Coulson<david [at] davidcoulson**
>>>
>>> All I see in your tcpdump is ports 22 and 443. Can you only capture the

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 27, 2012, 4:31 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

Hi I have configured LVS router and two real servers(Windows 2003)
butpackets are e going to only one server not other one and i am using
piranha tool .Please help me this is my first installation.
Thi
this is my ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:E8:F6:74:DA
inet addr:122.166.233.133 Bcast:122.166.233.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::200:e8ff:fef6:74da/64 Scope:Link
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:436221795 (416.0 MiB) TX bytes:1345942108 (1.2 GiB)
Interrupt:16 Base address:0x2000

eth0:1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:E8:F6:74:DA
inet addr:122.166.233.136 Bcast:122.166.233.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
Interrupt:16 Base address:0x2000

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:20:14:F9:2D
inet addr:192.168.3.1 Bcast:192.168.3.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::2e0:20ff:fe14:f92d/64 Scope:Link
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:697550822 (665.2 MiB) TX bytes:444500520 (423.9 MiB)
Interrupt:17 Memory:60000400-600004ff

eth1:0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:20:14:F9:2D
inet addr:192.168.3.10 Bcast:192.168.3.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
Interrupt:17 Memory:60000400-600004ff

MY TCPDUMP

tcpdump port 5004 -i eth1 -n

16:37:16.237549 IP 14.140.226.234.55122 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[.], ack 1, win 64240, length 0
16:37:16.237862 IP 14.140.226.234.55122 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[P.], seq 1:16, ack 1, win 64240, length 15
16:37:16.371613 IP 14.140.226.234.55123 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[.], ack 1, win 64240, length 0
16:37:16.372463 IP 14.140.226.234.55123 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[P.], seq 1:16, ack 1, win 64240, length 15
16:37:16.374082 IP 14.140.226.234.55124 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[S], seq 1031966799, win 8192, options [mss 1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
16:37:16.374233 IP 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1 > 14.140.226.234.55124: Flags
[S.], seq 2340248493, ack 1031966800, win 16384, options [mss
1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
16:37:16.414152 IP 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1 > 14.140.226.234.55122: Flags
[.], ack 16, win 65520, length 0
16:37:16.523422 IP 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1 > 14.140.226.234.55123: Flags
[.], ack 16, win 65520, length 0
16:37:16.538899 IP 14.140.226.234.55124 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[.], ack 1, win 64240, length 0
16:37:16.547031 IP 14.140.226.234.55124 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[P.], seq 1:16, ack 1, win 64240, length 15
16:37:16.575391 IP 14.140.226.234.55125 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[S], seq 1453816221, win 8192, options [mss 1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
16:37:16.575529 IP 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1 > 14.140.226.234.55125: Flags
[S.], seq 882507225, ack 1453816222, win 16384, options [mss
1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
16:37:16.684784 IP 14.140.226.234.55125 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[.], ack 1, win 64240, length 0
16:37:16.686476 IP 14.140.226.234.55125 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[P.], seq 1:16, ack 1, win 64240, length 15
16:37:16.687025 IP 14.140.226.234.55126 > 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1: Flags
[S], seq 359342062, win 8192, options [mss 1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
16:37:16.687159 IP 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1 > 14.140.226.234.55126: Flags
[S.], seq 669618285, ack 359342063, win 16384, options [mss
1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
16:37:16.742210 IP 192.168.3.2.avt-profile-1 > 14.140.226.234.55124: Flags
[.], ack 16, win 65520, length 0

leon at linux

Mar 27, 2012, 8:47 PM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 07:43 +0000, Reet Vyas wrote:
> Hi
>
> request is going to one real server not to both real server . Please suggest
> TCP 122.166.233.136:80 wlc
> -> 192.168.3.2:80 Masq 1 0 0
> -> 192.168.3.3:80 Masq 2 0 0

A request always goes to 1 realserver, not both. Second, you have set 2
different weights to your realservers. Therefor, if the 192.168.3.3
server (weight 2) has finished handling the 'request' and there is no
longer an active connection, LVS will then route the next one to the
same realserver.

(I didn't follow the rest of this thread, so I could be wrong. This just
seems obvious by a first glance)

Léon

reet.vyas28 at gmail

Mar 27, 2012, 11:11 PM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

what if i want to distributed my incoming req to two different servers.??

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM, L.S. Keijser <leon [at] linux> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 07:43 +0000, Reet Vyas wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > request is going to one real server not to both real server . Please
> suggest
> > TCP 122.166.233.136:80 wlc
> > -> 192.168.3.2:80 Masq 1 0 0
> > -> 192.168.3.3:80 Masq 2 0 0
>

> A request always goes to 1 realserver, not both. Second, you have set 2
> different weights to your realservers. Therefor, if the 192.168.3.3
> server (weight 2) has finished handling the 'request' and there is no
> longer an active connection, LVS will then route the next one to the
> same realserver.
>
> (I didn't follow the rest of this thread, so I could be wrong. This just
> seems obvious by a first glance)
>

> Léon

leon at linux

Mar 28, 2012, 12:08 AM

Re: [lvs-users] LVS configuration using pirahna [In reply to]

On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 06:11 +0000, Reet Vyas wrote:
> what if i want to distributed my incoming req to two different servers.??

You can, and you setup is still okay, except you specified that one
realserver has weight '1' and the other '2'. Meaning of every 3 active
connections, two will go to 192.168.3.3 and one will go to 192.168.3.2.

The reason why you probably only see the realserver with weight '2' is
because your connection doesn't stay active as soon as you launch
another.

Try this:

<terminal 1>
$ telnet 122.166.233.136 80

now don't do anything ..

<terminal 2>
$ telnet 122.166.233.136 80

don't do anything here either ..

<terminal 3>
$ telnet 122.166.233.136 80
GET / HTTP/1.0

You should then get a request from 192.168.3.3

Check the output from ipvsadm as well. You should see two active conns
to 192.168.3.3 and one to .2

Léon