Mailing List Archive: Linux Virtual Server: Users

[lvs-users] Looking for a speaker on Load Balancers in the San Francisco Bay Area

Linux Virtual Server users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

cwestin at yahoo

Dec 17, 2011, 9:48 AM

[lvs-users] Looking for a speaker on Load Balancers in the San Francisco Bay Area

Hi, I organize the talks for #lspe, the Bay Area Large-Scale Production
Engineering Meetup:  http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Large-Scale-Production-Engineering/ .
Every month we have an evening of talks about subjects of interest to the
DevOps, Service Engineering, and Site Reliability Engineering communities.
Please take a look at the meetup site and check the "Past" tab to see examples
of the kinds of events we do.  I pick a topic, and then look for two to four
speakers who can talk about it.

For our January event, on Thursday, January 19th (http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Large-Scale-Production-Engineering/events/40058102/), I'd like to feature
talks about load balancers.  This could cover a lot of ground from basics to
more advanced topics.  Examples of the kind of things I'm looking for include
how to set up and use HAProxy, LVS, Amazon ELB, hardware load balancers, or
other software load balancers; how to set up load balancers in pairs or other
configurations to avoid single points of failure; using your own software
load balancer in cloud environments such as EC2; SSL termination; using load
balancers in dynamic environments where nodes come and go; interactions between
load balancers and DNS;  issues dealing with sticky sessions; geographic load
balancing; any other topics in this area.

If you would be willing to speak, please contact me at c w e s t i n @ y a h o o (dot) c o m .

Thanks!
Chris Westin

jmack at wm7d

Dec 17, 2011, 12:14 PM

Re: [lvs-users] Looking for a speaker on Load Balancers in the San Francisco Bay Area [In reply to]

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011, Chris Westin wrote:

> If you would be willing to speak, please contact me at c w e s t i n @ y a h o o (dot) c o m .

If anyone wants to do this, the text, html, ppt, gif images
from a talk I gave on LVS is at

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/meetings/Software_Freedom_Day_UNC_2007/Software_Freedom_Day_UNC.2007.tar.gz

I thought I'd linked this on my LVS page, but obviously I
haven't.

Joe

jmack at wm7d

Dec 20, 2011, 3:48 PM

Re: [lvs-users] Looking for a speaker on Load Balancers in the San Francisco Bay Area [In reply to]

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> If anyone wants to do this, the text, html, ppt, gif images
> from a talk I gave on LVS is at
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/meetings/Software_Freedom_Day_UNC_2007/Software_Freedom_Day_UNC.2007.tar.gz
>
> I thought I'd linked this on my LVS page, but obviously I
> haven't.

I have, but I couldn't find the link :-( It's in
"presentations"

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/

Joe